ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

A generic error occurred in GDI+

[ExternalException (0x80004005): A generic error occurred in GDI+.]

System.Drawing.Image.Save(String filename, ImageCodecInfo encoder, EncoderParameters encoderParams) +473386

System.Drawing.Image.Save(String filename, ImageFormat format) +69

System.Drawing.Image.Save(String filename) +25

3hM=.BBU=.DRU=(Page DhU=, Type DxU=) +441

ThinkGeo.MapSuite.WebEdition.Map.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +101

System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +54

System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +145

System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +772

Recently purchased the MapSuite and I’m having trouble getting it to work on my web server. 

More Info…

1.  I have run the production server utility.

2.  WebEdition.dll, MapSuiteCore.dll, GEOAPI.dll,NetTopologySuite.dll are in /bin.

3.  The demo/watermarked version was previously installed and worked perfectly.

4.  WebEdition.dll seems to be the source.  If I leave the other 4 dlls in /bin and swap out the newer webedition.dll with the older/watermarked one I can toggle from “broken” back to “working”.

5.  When performing the aforementioned swap I verified that permissions are identical.

Looks like permissions and other threads confirm this but I can’t determine what it’s trying to write or to where it’s trying to write.

Thanks.

Hi Steve, 

Welcome to Map Suite forums.  

Please see our reply in your ticket 

Thanks

Resolved. 

If anyone else stumbles onto the same thing be aware that WebEdition.dll writes to Page.MapPath("~/theme/default”).

Thank you, Steve. It’s kind of you to share this.

Any question please feel free to let us know.

Regards,

Troy

Hi Troy:

I am having the same  GDI+ error when I use the tilecache for ThinkGeo 9.0.0.0.  The only difference is that I am using the MVC edition.  Please help.

Thanks,

Adrian

Hi Adrian, 

Would you please verify you have a write permission on the tile cache folder or give the write permission for network account? Also, does this issue only happen on enable the tileCache? As I know there might be a GDI+ issue on the theme folder when we upgrade the mvc edition and clear the theme folder can fix the issue. 

Thanks, 

Troy

Hi Troy:

Thank you for your reply. I have given the right permission to the cached folder that didn’t resolve the issue.  I tried to use tilecache and not using tilecache.  It only works without using tilecache.  Finally I saw your last comments on the theme folder permission and I gave the Network Service write permission and it works.

Thanks again,

Adrian

Hi Adrian, 

You are welcome, Great to hear it works. 

Thanks, 

Troy

I’m facing the same issue. however i have given the network service write permission on the theme folder in content of the mvc application. please help me out.

Hi M_Saeed_Chamman,

This exception is a general exception, so we need more information about your scenario.

Could you please let us know your MapSuite version, and whether you are using anyone of our sample?

I think you can try some simple sample first here: http://github.com/thinkgeo

And please let us know your OS version and whether you are using IIS or under debug mode.

More detail information is helpful to make sure where is the problem.

Regards,

Ethan