ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

About map in large resolution

Hello, ThinkGeo Team.
I need your help, our company buys your map, and the map is used for the large resolution, such as 15400*3150 resolution.
Now the zoom of the map zoomed out and moved to a very high carton, with the CPU very high up to 80%~90%. The GDI+ I used for mapping the map, I found that the map drawing consumes CPU resources. Does the map support GPU drawing mode?
This problem has seriously affected the customer’s confidence in our products. I hope your company can give some help to improve the performance of the map under the large resolution.

greetings
Zhang Ming

Hi ZhangMing,

If your map render the data on the fly, and your screen is so big, that means it contains many tiles, each tile need use some CPU source so it’s slow.

I guess you can do something to handle it:

1. Increase the tile size
  2. Open cache and the 2nd time the same tile render will directly read the cached image but not render the data
  3. Change the drawing mode to high speed and see whether it can reduce the CPU usage

I will let our developer know your requirement, and maybe we can do special optimize for very large resolution in future.

Regards,

Ethan

Hi Ethan

Thanks for your advice. I will try to do it. Also ask your development team to help improve the performance of the lower resolution. Thank you very much.

Regards,
ZhangMing

Hi ZhangMing,

Please let us know whether the suggestion is helpful after your test. Because the response should be helpful for us also.

Regards,

Ethan

Hi Ethan
According to the Suggestions you gave, there is no great effect. When the local map is refreshed, the CPU is still about 90%.

Regards
ZhangMing

Hi ZhangMing,

Please try something like this:

1. Remove all overlays, just leave one overlay for example: GoogleOverlay, BingOverlay or OSMOverlay. Which the layer is based on internet but not render by local. And run your project on the big screen to see whether the CPU usage is the same.

2. If the result of step 1 is well, please let us know what’s the detail layers you are using, so we can see whether some of them take too many CPU source.

Regards,

Ethan

Hi Ethan
We only used LayerOverlay and ShapeFileFeatureLayer to run on the large screen, and when we zoom in and out of the map, the CPU USES about 90%.

Regards,
ZhangMing

Hi ZhangMing,

Have you tried our suggestion to see whether BingOverlay also takes 90% CPU? The shape file still need read local data and render them if the cache is not exist.

We want to make sure whether the CPU is used by render data.

And if we can make sure the CPU is used for render data, please try to create pre-build cache by our utility: https://github.com/ThinkGeo/CacheGeneratorSample-ForWinForms

Regards,

Ethan