ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

Activating license on an offline computer

Hello
We need to debug our product on an offline computer at the costumer site (the computer is not connected to the internet). How can we activate the license we have on this offline computer?
And also, how can we move back the licenses, to the development machine, which is connected to the internet?
We are working with WPF addition version 9.
Thank you

Hi Miri,

Please view this guide for Offline Activation:

https://wiki.thinkgeo.com/wiki/map_suite_offline_activation_guide_9.0

Please notice, deactivate offline is not simple, you need to contact your sales to make sure whether it’s supported and what’s the steps for it.

In fact we don’t suggest you do that, please double check your requirement and see whether you can find a solution to avoid deactivate offline.

Regards,

Ethan

So if I have 1 license, once I install it on offline computer it is considered “activated”?
Or can I use this license on 1 offline PC and 1 online PC at the same time?

Hi Miri,

If you active it in an offline computer first, you cannot active it in another online computer. Reverse the order is the same.

Regards,

Ethan

Thank you I red the offline instructions

regarding:
“Please notice, deactivate offline is not simple, you need to contact your sales to make sure whether it’s supported and what’s the steps for it.”
What do you mean by “contact your sales”? do you mean the ThinkGeo sales team?

When I finish working on the offline computer (which is located on my customer site) I must return the license to the development computer in order to continue working.
From the link you attached, I understand that your support team will generate a license file for me upon request, when I will need to work on the offline computer. so when I will need to reactivate the license in the online computer should not I just ask your support team for approval again ?

Hi Miri,

Support team don’t know how to deactive offline, we can only provide you some suggestions on license problem. If you need to handle it or you have more detail question, you have to contact the ThinkGeo sales team like you mentioned.

And I read your description about the scenario, it looks you want to debug in customer’s offline machine, I guess you want to solve some issue there. So maybe you can try to eval on that machine, instead of move your license. How to eval offline also need to ask your sales.

Wish that’s helpful.

Regards,

Ethan