ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

Adding MiniMapAdornmentLayer to World Map Kit

I have World Map Kit with MapSuite 7.0 and my app is based on the World Map Kit source code (VB.Net version).  Have you added a MiniMap adornment window to that code before?  Any sample you can provide?  I saw the MiniMapAdornmentLayer code in the online samples but need help getting it setup to work with World Map Kit.

Hi Michael, 

Thanks for your post, may I make a confirmation with you? If you are using GisEditor or desktop? 

If GisEditor:

I am sorry to say that currently GisEditor doesn’t have this functionality, You can vote this enhancement to helpdesk.thinkgeo.com/EnhancementTracker. This captures the enhancement request and provides visibility to the customer letting them know that the enhancement is on a list somewhere and that popularity of the enhancement helps set the priority of when the enhancement would be added to the product. This option doesn’t carry any cost for you. 

Or if you need this function immediately, your account rep can contact you for a professional services. 

If desktop:

Then would you please try following code? 

private void TestForm_Load(object sender, EventArgs e) 

winformsMap1.MapUnit = GeographyUnit.DecimalDegree; 

winformsMap1.CurrentExtent = new RectangleShape(-180, 90, 180, -90); 

WorldMapKitLayer googleMapLayer = new WorldMapKitLayer(); 

LayerOverlay layeroverlay = new LayerOverlay(); 

layeroverlay.Layers.Add(googleMapLayer); 

winformsMap1.Overlays.Add(layeroverlay); 

MiniMapAdornmentLayer miniMapLayer = new MiniMapAdornmentLayer(); 

miniMapLayer.Location = AdornmentLocation.LowerLeft; 

miniMapLayer.Layers.Add(new BackgroundLayer(winformsMap1.BackgroundOverlay.BackgroundBrush)); 

miniMapLayer.Layers.Add(googleMapLayer); 

winformsMap1.AdornmentOverlay.Layers.Add(miniMapLayer); 

winformsMap1.Refresh(); 

if you have any more question , please feel free to let us know. 

Best Regards 

Summer

Thanks Summer - I am using desktop edition.  I’ll check it out, assume there is a MiniMapAdornmentLayer class available.

Summer, tried it out and it seems to work great, thanks!

Hi Michael, 

Hope our idea could be helpful,if you have any more question , please feel free to let us know. 

Best Regards 

Summer