ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

ArcGISRestLayer URI Returning 404 Error

Hello,

We are trying to use the ArcGISRestLayer to view data on our map, with the following code. When the Map.Refresh line gets hit, a 404 Not Found error is thrown:

Dim arcGisLayer As New ArcGISServerRestLayer
    arcGisLayer.ServerUri = New Uri("http://sampleserver1.arcgisonline.com/ArcGIS/rest/services/Specialty/ESRI_StateCityHighway_USA/MapServer/export")

' Sets our parameters for image format.
    arcGisLayer.Parameters.Add("format", "png")
    arcGisLayer.ImageFormat = ArcGISServerRestLayerImageFormat.Png '; // we can use the Property 'ImageFormat' instead of the 'format' in parameters. When they coexist, the property is perferred.

' Sets our parameters for transparency.
    arcGisLayer.Parameters.Add("transparent", "true")

' Specifies the layerId(s) you wish to display.  LayerId 2 is the county layer.
    arcGisLayer.Parameters.Add("layers", "show:2")

' Specifies the layer and field you wish to query(layerid: field).  in this example, the layerid is 2 and the data field to query is POP1999.
    arcGisLayer.Parameters.Add("layerdefs", String.Format("2:POP1999{0}", "> 50000"))

'add and show
    Me._NOAAOverlay.Layers.Add(arcGisLayer)
    Me._NOAAOverlay.IsVisible = True
    Me.Map.Refresh()

I can go to the URL in a browser, and when I CTRL-Click it in Visual Studio, the page comes up with data. Am I missing something in the code?

Dib

Hi Dib,

Here is the sample: http://wiki.thinkgeo.com/wiki/source_code_wpfeditionsample_arcgisserverrestlayer_cs_160908.zip

The problem one of your code is the two lines cannot be used at the same time:

arcGisLayer.Parameters.Add(“format”, “png”)
arcGisLayer.ImageFormat = ArcGISServerRestLayerImageFormat.Png ';

You have to comment one of them.

The problem two is you hadn’t set the current extent:

winformsMap1.CurrentExtent = New RectangleShape(-140, 60, -58, 30)

Add correct extent it works.

Regards,

Don