ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

Asynchrone loading / Quick bitmap zoom?

Hello,

Is there a way to load maps in an asynchrone way with MapSuiet Desktop ?

I mean : When I call a distant WMS Server, and this server take a while to answer (6 or 7 seconds), the GUI is not usable. I have to wait the response to continue to work with my application.

It could be usefull too when I want to draw some features on the map, and if the background is not visible immediatly that is not a problem, I can work with the features, and the background layer will draw later.

Is there a way to do something like that ?

Furthermore, is it possible to make a quick "bitmap zoom" (the picture is zoomed, with low quality result of course), and then the right high quality picture is asked from server ?

Many thanks !

Guillaume.

Guillaume,

Thanks for your post! 

For your first questions, we have an exactly requirement a few days ago and we have finished a sample for it. Just take a look at following post:
gis.thinkgeo.com/Default.asp...;afv=topic

For your second question, if I am not misunderstanding something, then what you are trying to achieve is the Preview image effect between the loading time. This feature has been included in the last public release (3.0.426), while its pre-requirements are to use the Multithread mode and turning the tile cache.

Any more questions just feel free to let me know.

Thanks.

Yale

Hello Yale, 

Thanks for your anwser. 

I tried the PreviewTileCache functionality, and it works very well, thank you. As you said, I just had to turn on the Multithreading mode, and this worked properly. 

For my first question, I’ll have a look to your link later, thank you again. But with this Preview mode and multithreading activated, I think this is just enough for my next release. 

Guillaume. 

Guillaume, 

Thanks for letting us know your status. 

I have to admit that the Multithread mode is not fully tested against in last public release(3.0.426), so if possible, you could try the first solution, it is still in single-threaded as well as making wonderful effects. 

Thanks. 

Yale