ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

'BarHoverGrid' name cannot be found in the name scope of 'System.Windows.Controls.Grid'

Hello,

we have a pretty complex page with a WPF map control and normally everything works just fine. But sometimes - we cannot directly receate the situation - does this page crash with the follwing exception:

System.InvalidOperationException: ‘BarHoverGrid’ name cannot be found in the name scope of ‘System.Windows.Controls.Grid’.
at System.Windows.Media.Animation.Storyboard.ResolveTargetName(String targetName, INameScope nameScope, DependencyObject element)
at System.Windows.Media.Animation.Storyboard.ClockTreeWalkRecursive(Clock currentClock, DependencyObject containingObject, INameScope nameScope, DependencyObject parentObject, String parentObjectName, PropertyPath parentPropertyPath, HandoffBehavior handoffBehavior, HybridDictionary clockMappings, Int64 layer)
at System.Windows.Media.Animation.Storyboard.ClockTreeWalkRecursive(Clock currentClock, DependencyObject containingObject, INameScope nameScope, DependencyObject parentObject, String parentObjectName, PropertyPath parentPropertyPath, HandoffBehavior handoffBehavior, HybridDictionary clockMappings, Int64 layer)
at System.Windows.Media.Animation.Storyboard.BeginCommon(DependencyObject containingObject, INameScope nameScope, HandoffBehavior handoffBehavior, Boolean isControllable, Int64 layer)
at System.Windows.Media.Animation.BeginStoryboard.Begin(DependencyObject targetObject, INameScope nameScope, Int64 layer)
at System.Windows.EventTrigger.EventTriggerSourceListener.Handler(Object sender, RoutedEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
etc…

We cannot find anything named “BarHoverGrid” in our code base. We do not call it, search for it nor define it.
As your control is the only 3rd party control on this form I’m turning to you for help.
Do you have any explanation for this?

Regards,
Peter

Hi Peter,

Our developer did quickly research, the “BarHoverGrid” is also not contained in our code.

And I hadn’t found our class in the exception call stack.

I think you can try to disable some code to locate which part of the code throw this exception.

Any question please let us know.

Regards,

Ethan

Hi Ethan,

thanks a lot for the research. Some day I will figure it out…

Regards,
Peter

Hi Peter,

Any update please let us know.

Regards,

Ethan