ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

Bug with Jr in name

One of our customers is having an issue where they tried to find 1311 Martin Luther King Blvd, but it only finds Martin Blvd UNLESS you type in Martin Luther King Jr Blvd.  I’m not sure why Jr would change the results… any help would be appreciated.

.Ryan.

I’m sorry, this is also specific to Los Angeles… it will find others in like Riverside and other towns (I don’t think they have Jr in their names though)

Ryan, 

We tested the address “1311 Martin Luther King Blvd” and “1311 Martin Luther King Jr Blvd” on GoogleMaps,  and it seems the "Jr" does change the final result, so I think it is what supporsed to be. Also the results MapSuite GeoCoder returns includes some of the results what Google Maps returns.  So could you let me know what is the "correct" result you are expecting for this? 

Ben 

Ryan, 

We tested the address “1311 Martin Luther King Blvd” and “1311 Martin Luther King Jr Blvd” on GoogleMaps,  and it seems the "Jr" does change the final result, so I think it is what supporsed to be. Also the results MapSuite GeoCoder returns includes some of the results what Google Maps returns.  So could you let me know what is the "correct" result you are expecting for this? 

Ben 

Ryan, 

Ben 

Ryan, 

Ben 

Ryan, 

Ben 

Ryan, 

Ben 

Ryan, 

Ben 

Ryan, 

Ben 

Hi Ben, 

Thanks for the response.  For some reason, I was thinking it returned results for partial street names, but it seems that I’m mistaken…  I’m not even sure if it makes sense to do that and would make results more confusing…  Thanks, as always, for the help :). 

.Ryan.

I tested out on google maps typing : 

1311 Martin Luther King Blvd, los angeles, ca 

And it found 1311 E Martin Luther King Jr Blvd with links to the west one…  so Google is able to turn Martin Luther King Blvd into Martin Luther King Jr Blvd.  The more I think about it, I think it would be nice to have partial names, especially when it is in the city that I inputted, in this case Los Angeles.

Ryan, 

Thanks for bringing this up! I see what you mean and I added this partial names thing to our tracking system, we’ll do some research and see how to add it to the Geocoder.  

Ben