ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

CacheGenerator

Hi all,

Started messing around with the Cache Generator code recently, but seem to have run into a bit of a problem.  I'm getting extremely odd results when I'm feeding in my own scales. It looks like the issue lies in the MapSuiteTileMatrix. In version 5 of MapSuiteCore, everything seems to be fine, but 6 causes it to ...well... be weird. In v5, if I were to construct a tile matrix with a scale of 120000000 with a tile height and width of 256x256 under DecimalDegree, I would receive a bounding box of {-180,129.440910277469,185.734850462449,-90}, which is outside the contraints of the globe {-180,90,180,-90}; a good thing for caching.

On v6 with the same parameters, I'm receiving a bounding box of {-180,90,185.734850462449,-56.2939401849795}, in which there is no possible way to cache all the tiles for a global layer. 

This is actually just one of my issues, albeit a major one. So, I guess my question is, has the MapSuiteTileMatrix implementation changed that considerabley since v5? And how am I supposed to get a full cache matrix with the current version? I'm trying to use v6 because it offers a few more useful tools (namely fetching the file name associated with a tile), so I'd prefer not to have to drop back if I don't have to. Thanks in advance!

-Dustin

Dustin, 

Looking into the history of the class I can see a set of change and I am in the process of figuring out why it was put in and what it does.  I will contact the developer who put this in and get back with you. 

David

Hi Dustin, 

Sorry for the inconvenience, we found the previous changing is for another issue but it’s not fully correct, now it has been fixed please get 6.0.150.0 or 6.0.0.150 and have a try. 

Regards, 

Edgar

Thank you, the matrix looks like it’s expanded enough to fit the world extent correctly. However, it looks like the beginning/focus point was changed from the bottom left to the top left, as the new matrix’s bounds are {-180,90,185.734850462449,-129.440910277469}. I could be wrong, but I believe that anyone who’s used the previous version will have some issues using tiles they cached before this version, since the tile matrix is different. 
 -Dustin

You’re right Dustin, it seems there is a logical issue after upgrading to 6.0, we confirmed that and fixed it, now the beginning point is lower left point, please get 6.0.151.0 or 6.0.0.151 or later and have a try. 

Edgar

Thanks so much for the quick solution Edgar! I’ll give it another go as soon as 151 is available.

You’re welcome, please let us know if it helps or not. 

Edgar

Everything seems to be working great! Thank you!

You’re welcome, let us know if you have any questions. 

Regards, 
 Edgar