ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

CadFeatureLayer fails on certain machines with Windows 10

We are experiencing a severe issue with the CadFeatureLayer - it fails on certain machines.

The layer is displayed as transparent red error tiles.

This issue has been seen on two separate machines, both running Windows 10.
It is worth noting that not all Windows 10 machines can reproduce this issue.

We have tested with several cad files, that works fine on other machines.

Stacktrace:

at Teigha.Core.GlobalsPINVOKE.new_ExSystemServices()
at Teigha.Core.ExSystemServices…ctor()
at CadDumper.DwgDxfCadDumper.Dump()
at CadDumper.DwgDxfCadDumper.GetFeatureStyles()
at CadDumper.CadDumper.GetCadFeatures()

It seems that we cannot start the Teigha CAD library.

MapSuiteCore : 9.0.0.175
CadDumperX64 does not have version, but it seems the file is from 18. december 2015.

Thanks
Jonas

Hi Jonas,

I assume that you maybe take an incorrect version on “Unmanaged dependencies”. The “Unmanaged dependencies” release version is 9.0.0.304, you can download it from https://ap.thinkgeo.com:5001/sharing/0EChkkAUk .
If the issue is exist yet, I want to get your detail environment: Operation System Version, Platform, StrongName or None StrongName and so on.

Thanks,

Hi Don

Thanks for your reply.

We need the unmanaged assemblies to be strong named - please have a [look at this thread][1].

Also, it would be easier for use to deal with if we could just get the assemblies instead of the installer.

Best regards
Jonas
[1]: Cadfeaturelayer causes file not found exception

Hi Jonas,

I have made a cad strong name release package on https://ap.thinkgeo.com:5001/sharing/QDsveXI5n, please download it and have a try.

Thanks,

Hi Don

Thanks for the new dlls.

They do not fix the problem, unfortunately.

I can give some more information on the exception because I discovered that there is another inner exception:

Message = "Unable to load DLL 'TD_SwigCore_4.00_10.dll': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)"

at Teigha.Core.GlobalsPINVOKE.SWIGExceptionHelper.SWIGRegisterExceptionCallbacks_Globals(ExceptionDelegate applicationDelegate, ExceptionDelegate arithmeticDelegate, ExceptionDelegate divideByZeroDelegate, ExceptionDelegate indexOutOfRangeDelegate, ExceptionDelegate invalidCastDelegate, ExceptionDelegate invalidOperationDelegate, ExceptionDelegate ioDelegate, ExceptionDelegate nullReferenceDelegate, ExceptionDelegate outOfMemoryDelegate, ExceptionDelegate overflowDelegate, ExceptionDelegate systemExceptionDelegate)
   at Teigha.Core.GlobalsPINVOKE.SWIGExceptionHelper..cctor()

The specified dll “TD_SwigCore_4.00_10.dll” definately exists in the same directory as the other CAD/Teigha files, so I find the error quite strange.

As mentioned, this happens on a Windows 10 Enterprise machine.

Jonas

Hi again

I tried to open TD_SwigCore_4.00_10.dll in Dependency Walker, and I got some interesting errors.
It seems that this assembly depends on some assemblies that is not part of Windows 10 by default.

If you have Dependency Walker, please try loading this .dwi project file so you can see for yourself:
TD_SwigCore_4.00_10.zip (1.3 MB)

I believe the issue can be reproduced on clean Windows 10 machines, and that it can be resolved by installing this Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable.

The missing files are msvcp100.dll and msvcr100.dll.

Is this something that you can fix, or should we include these missing dlls in our product installation?

Jonas

Hi Jonas,

As below is the reply from our developer.

I’m sorry for late replying, I have try my best to reproduce this issue on clear Win10.

As your mentions, this issue is caused by msvcp100.dll and msvcr100.dll. But these strong name assemblies which I have send to you are correct, you can use these assemblies on your product installation. Msvcp100 and msvcr100 are provided by a merge module which is published by Microsoft, you can download it from http://wiki.thinkgeo.com/wiki/_media/file/MapSuiteUpdatedMergeModules2015-06-20.zip.

Extracting this file, you can get Microsoft_VC100_CRT_x64.msm and Microsoft_VC100_CRT_x86.msm. these merge modules can be integrated into your installation and make the application works fine.

Thanks,