ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

Can not click on popup when LegendAdornmentLayer is added

Hello Support,

I have a map with a LegendAdornmentLayer and sometimes a popup on the map that needs to be clicked.

But with the LegendAdornmentLayer it is not possible to click on the popup. Without LegendAdornmentLayer it works.

I added the following test code to your "HowDoI" - AddPopup - sample, now it is not possible to click the "Add a popup" - button.

public partial class AddAPopup : System.Web.UI.Page
    {
        protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)
        {
            if (!Page.IsPostBack)
            {
                Map1.MapBackground.BackgroundBrush = new GeoSolidBrush(GeoColor.FromHtml("#E5E3DF"));
                Map1.CurrentExtent = new RectangleShape(-131.22, 55.05, -54.03, 16.91);
                Map1.MapUnit = GeographyUnit.DecimalDegree;

WorldMapKitWmsWebOverlay worldMapKitOverlay = new WorldMapKitWmsWebOverlay();
                Map1.CustomOverlays.Add(worldMapKitOverlay);

// added test code: begin
LegendAdornmentLayer legendAdornmentLayer = new LegendAdornmentLayer();
legendAdornmentLayer.Location = AdornmentLocation.LowerLeft;
legendAdornmentLayer.XOffsetInPixel = 3;
legendAdornmentLayer.Height = 30;
legendAdornmentLayer.Width = 120;
legendAdornmentLayer.IsVisible = true;
legendAdornmentLayer.LegendItems.Add(new LegendItem()
{
ImageStyle = new AreaStyle(new GeoSolidBrush(GeoColor.FromArgb(170, GeoColor.StandardColors.Green))),
TextStyle = new TextStyle("LegendItem", new GeoFont("Arial", 8), new GeoSolidBrush(GeoColor.SimpleColors.Black))
});
Map1.AdornmentOverlay.Layers.Add(legendAdornmentLayer);
// added test code: end
   }
       }

Any ideas?

Best regards,

Helmut

Hi Helmut, 

I think this bug had been fixed in the latest Daily Builds version 9.0.0.241(Production) & 9.0.240.0(Development) or any higher version.  

Please get the fix from Product Center and have a try again.  

Please make sure to clear the cache of browser before that. 

Thanks,

Hi Don,

thanks for the quick response, the support is excellent.

Downloaded and tested 9.0 with the demo application and everything works fine.

Strange enough when 9.0 assemblies are copied to our application it returns "ERR_CONTENT_DECODING_FAILED" on runtime. No further info or exception. With 8.0 assemblies everything is ok.

Application : X86, OS: X64

Any ideas?

Regards 

Helmut

Hi Helmut, 

I’m sorry I failed to reproduce your issue, 

But I guess there are 2 points for attention: 

1. Make sure the version is Production or Development, there are some differences between them. For get new features or enhancements please choose development version 9.0.x.0 but not production version 9.0.0.x. 

2. For the exception, I think this URL maybe helpful stackoverflow.com/questions/15112104/how-to-fix-err-content-decoding-failed-when-dynamic-compressing 

And could you please provide more details? Such as IIS Version, the version of DLLs, server environment. Is it possible to recreate it on other machines with the same application, if you can reproduce it there, please upload a simple project to show us that and we can work based on it. 

Thanks,

Hi Don,

solved the problem.

Was not aware that it uses the folder "\theme\default*.*". Had to check them out and then it worked. Several files where updated.

Thanks, regards

Helmut

Hi Helmut, 

Thanks for your update, I think your solution is helpful for other guy who met same issue. 

Thanks,