ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

Can't extract Western Europe

Hi,

I have used the extractor in World Map Kit Extractor error to generate smaller files for world regions. All of them have worked except for when I try to extract Western Europe. Every time I run it I end up with a corrupt file, usually far too small to contain the data. I noticed that it was running out of RAM on the local machine so I spun up a cloud server with nearly 300GB of RAM but had the same unsuccessful result.

I need this file urgently as it is scheduled to be provided to customers in the near future.

Hi Paul,

This utility don’t related with RAM.

We tried to generate the small sqlite based on your parameter and it looks the result is correct, we just tested level 8 to level 9 for test, and now we are trying to generate the 8 to 20 for you, but it looks that’s will be a long time and we will let you know if we generate that correct.

You can do something before that, please test this bounding box “-28,74,40,3.6” instead of your 4 parts, and please only generate level 8 to level 9, then you can render the result and see whether all the shapes is contained.

Any question please let us know.

Regards,

Ethan

Hi Ethan,

I generated the file as requested successfully, it is functional and seems to contain all of the data from level 8 - 9.

Have you had any luck with the full file?

Hi Paul_Strawhorne,

We reproduced this exception, but because that only be found after run long time, so our progress is also slow.

But our developer is keep trying to build a entire file and find where is the problem.

Any update I will let you know.

Regards,

Ethan

Hi Ethan,

My timeline is getting a little tight to deliver the final version of my product which includes the WE map. Has your developer had any luck?

Hi Paul,

Our developer keep work on this.

Here we receive an update on this yesterday: The issue occurred to me when trying to generate the full file, I believe it’s due to high memory usage during parts of the extraction. I’m working on some changes to lower the memory usage for cutting the data from large areas.

Regards,

Ethan

Hi Paul,

Our developer made some changes to improve the memory usage now.

They are testing again on your specified area, so far it’s working without problem but the generate progress need take some time to get the test result.

Any update I will let you know.

Regards,

Ethan

Hi Paul,

Our developer had built the sub data file for you, please view your message of our forum, it contains the download link.

Regards,

Ethan

Hi Ethan,

Unfortunately there seems to be a problem with the file; below layer 7 no data is displayed other than country names and place names.

Hi Paul,

Because the complete version takes much more time, so our developer just sent you the first version.

Please view the message, it’s the complete version.

Wish that’s helpful.

Regards,

Ethan

Thanks Ethan,

Will there be a new version of the data extractor tool that allows me to make extracts like this locally?

Hi Paul,

I need to double check that with our developer, if we need to update the utility we will directly update that here: https://github.com/ThinkGeo/WorldMapKitDataExtractorSample-ForWpf

Any news about that I will let you know.

Regards,

Ethan

Hi Paul,

The utility get updated: https://github.com/ThinkGeo/WorldMapKitDataExtractorSample-ForWpf

Please download it again.

Regards,

Ethan