ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

Change Map Extent with CallBack

I am currently implementing an AJAX call back which populates my map layers after some user input.  I also need to change extent at this time, I execute code that changes the extent serverside, however, the map extent does not change, is there a way to force the map to change the extent on the client without passing variables to the clientside?

case "All":

Map1.StaticOverlay.Layers.Add(OverlayClass.DefineBaseMap());

Map1.CurrentExtent = OverlayClass.GetExtent(sessionidvar);

GeoCollection<Overlay> MapOverlays = OverlayClass.GetOverlays(sessionidvar, "Static");

Map1.CustomOverlays.Clear();

foreach (Overlay mapLOLs in MapOverlays)

{

Map1.CustomOverlays.Add(mapLOLs);

}

CBResult = "Static";

break;

Hello Eric,

How about try the redraw in the client side?

layerOverlay.Redraw(true)

Regards,

Gary

I have tried that, that does not change the extent. 

Using map.zoomtoextent(extent) works, however this requires the passing the extent to the client. 

I would like the extent to update without client side parameters, but if this isn’t possible that’s ok 

Hello Eric, 

There are two ways to make this, one is as you said, use map.zoomtoextent(extent), but you can’t avoid to passing the extent. 

The other way is use the UpdatePanel, like put the extent change code in a button click event, then the map will refresh and synchronized, but looks like this way didn’t fit your requirement. 

Regards, 

Gary

Hi,

how do we change the map extent on callback in MVC? i can not make the page refresh because of requirements. please help me out.

Hi,

Please refer this topic, it talk about how to use Callback in MVC: Dynamically restrict zoom?

And please view this topic, it talk about our client API: http://download.thinkgeo.com/docs/MVC/ClientAPI/Default.htm

The API panto, moveto or setCenter should be helpful.

Regards,

Ethan