ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

Clustering concept(Marker Style) in Desktop edition

Hi,
Is there any 'Cluster" concept in desktop edition by using Marker Style.I want cluster concept in desktop edition.
Please refer this concept in ‘Clustering in ArcGIS api for silverlight’.
https://developers.arcgis.com/silverlight/guide/working-with-clustering.htm

Actually ‘ClusterPointStyle’ there, but it’s not match with my concept.
Basically I need cluster thing as like this.

it mean i have many point features in same location. so for distinguish those features i have to display like that.

Please suggest me any ideas for solving my problem

Thanks,
Riyaz

Hi Riyaz,

Our developer create a special sample to make the cluster style shows the count of features inside it, but the sample don’t contains the effect. Please make sure whether that’s necessary for your scenario, if you think so please contact your sales and get professional service, we think it’s hard to be implemented by style.

As below is the sample which had been uploaded to GitHub.org: https://github.com/ThinkGeo/ClusterPointSample-ForWinForms.

And the image shows how it looks like.

Wish that’s helpful.

Regards,

Don

Hi Don,
Thanks for your reply.
My scenario match with ClusterMarkerStyle not ClusterPointStyle. I checked in your forum, I got ClusterMarkerStyle in web edition.

Is there same ClusterMarkerStyle in desktop edition. Or else suggest me some ideas for solving this issue.

Thanks,
Riyaz

Hi Riyaz,

I think the ClusterMarkerStyle should be the special class for web edition, it’s not contained by the desktop edition.

Could you please let us know your scenario about that, why you need the ClusterMarkerStyle but not ClusterPointStyle?

Regards,

Don

Hi Don,

I am having more than one Feature(Flight) at same LatLong position. So i can't able to see all features at a time because of overlapping each other.

So i wanted to differentiate them, on mouse over it… So I wanted to use it through Cluster Marker style concept.
I hope you understood the scenario this time…

Thanks,
Riyaz

Hi Riyaz,

Thanks for your detail description, I know that now.

I double check with our developer about this requirement, it looks for our currently desktop edition structure, this feature is very hard to implement.

And in fact the ClusterMarkerStyle don’t works like you think, it only make many marker looks like one marker, but cannot select each one in this marker.

If you think that’s very important feature for you, please contact your sales to get professional service, they will did further research about that and see whether it can be implemented for you.

And I have a thinking about it, if you want to implement this feature, you should want to build your custom control, then when you mouse click on map, you need to get all features inside a specified range, and then list all of them, then you can operate target feature, I am not sure how hard to complete it, but I think you should want to have a try.

Wish that’s helpful.

Regards,

Don