ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

Data Extraction

Is there a way to extract street data (from address, to address, high street, low street, etc) for every street in a given zip code  from the geocoder (or world map kit)?

Brandt, 

Thanks for your questions! 

I’m not so clear what you talked about, so let me confirm it with you, I’m not sure what’s the high street, low street? For the from address and to address, I guess maybe you talked about the address range, if that, in the geocoding street result list, there are 4 field values represent them, they are FromAddressLeft, ToAddressLeft, FromAddressRight, ToAddressRight, their values are the house number,  they have a house number range both for the left side and right side.  

If I misunderstood it please explain it again, for the from address and to address what you mentioned it is just my thought above, for the high street and low street I’m not sure what are them, I need your explanations.  

Thanks, 

Scott,

Scott,

Thanks for the reply.   At the end of the day FromAddressLeft, ToAddressLeft, FromAddressRight and ToAddressRight are the properties I am interested in.  But I what I am wondering is if there is a way to extract those values for ALL streets in a given city/zip code.  So, for zip code 07045, could I extract ALL street objects within that zip code and loop through the from/to address properties of every street within the 07045 zip code?  This would basically allow me to put together a street table with start and end points (as hosue addresses) for a given city or zip code. 

-Brandt

Brandt, 

I think I understand your requirement fully and I will confirm with you below: 

1, First you want to get all streets for a given city and zipcode. For example, if I input IN state or 75043 zipcode, it should return all streets within the IN state or 75043 zipcode. 

2, Get the lat/lon properties from each street. 

Just make sure with you for your requirement so that we can work on it exactly. 

Also if that’s correct what I thought, currently, the Geocoder dose not support to get all streets for a given city or zip code. But we can help you to do it, it needs to add new APIs for you, if it is possible we can build a temporary version for you so that you can finish your requirements correctly, 

Thanks, 

Scott, 

Thanks, 

Scott,

Scott,

Yes, that is mostly correct.  I do need to return geocoder matches for ALL streets in a given city or zip code.  However, the fromaddress/toaddress fields are more important to me than the lat and longs though the lat and longs would be nice to have too.  Ideally I would like to get all the street information (from/to address left/right, ishighway, ispobox, etc) for a given city or zip code.

Brandt, 

Sorry for waiting, Scott is the expert of GeoCoder, but he is ill those days, we will answer this as soon as he come back. 

Thank you for your understanding and patience. 

Regards, 

Gary

Are there any updates on the question detailed above?  Thanks in advance.

-Brandt

Brandt, 

Sorry for waiting. Scott will return tomorrow, and he will answer this immediately. 

Thank you for your patience. 

Regards, 

Gary

Brandt, 

Sorry for answering you delay, for your requirement we can help you to implement it, but currently, the MapSuiteGeocoder does not has the APIs to implement it directly. We have to add the new APIs to implement it, so I think we can build a temporary version for you based on your requirements. However, I don’t have permission to do that, please contact ThinkGeo Support to ask him if I can start to work on your requirements. For your requirements I think I need about 2-3 days to finish and build the temporary version for you. 

Thanks, 

Scott,

Is it possible to use the MapSuite to accomplish the same result?

Brandt, 

I am afraid that I don’t get your point,from your question, it seems there is another thing can accomplish your requirement, but you are not sure if MapSuite could or not, so you ask the questions, but I read the threads above which you discuss with Scott and Gary, I don’t find any other thing did it. Could you explain the question detail and we can help you. 

Thanks, 
 James