ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

Day and Night Mode

Hi,

Can we have Day and Night Mode functionality in Desktop Edition

Example:

If it possible, Please give me sample example or code for it.

Thanks,
Riyaz

Hi Riyaz,

If you want to render the map like your attached image shows, our map don’t have this function.

But if you only want to shows the map looks like night you can visit this topic: Changing map brightness during night shift

Wish that’s helpful.

Regards,

Ethan

Hi Ethan,
Did you mean, What I attached image same like we can’t render it in Desktop Edition. But it’s there in Web Edition right?

Thanks,
Riyaz

Hi Riyaz,

I means all of our product don’t have exsiting API to render the effect in the image you attached, but you can view my link, it contains some screen shots, we can render the effect by set different style like that.

Regards

Ethan

Hi Ethan,
That link not gonna help my scenario. If Possible any other ways to do it pls let me know.

Thanks,
Riyaz

Hi Riyaz,

If you want to make your map shows like the screen shot in your first topic, I double check with our developer, and make sure we don’t support that.

But I think you can build some special polygons covered above the base map, in fact that’s a very complex way, because we also don’t have any API support to calculate the build the polygons.

But wish the thinking is helpful.

Regards,

Ethan

Hi Ethan,
Is there same feature(Day and Night Mode) there in ThinkGeo Web Edition.
if it’s there, Please tell me, how can we achieve this.

Thanks,
Riyaz

Hi Riyaz,

I think the DesktopEdition also don’t support this feature(Day and Night Mode), so the web don’t support it also.

If you have implemented that by your custom code, please try to move that to web edition.

Regards,

Ethan

Hi Ethan,
Thanks for your reply.
I didn’t implemented this feature in Desktop Edition also.
I am looking for your suggestion to do this feature.

thanks,
riyaz

Hi Riyaz,

I think we don’t have more ideas about this feature.

If we have any new thinking about it I will let you know.

Regards,

Ethan