ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

Deployment: how do i

Hi,

I am unclear after looking at the examples of Wms Plugin Service if this means that I will need to install the entire WMS Server as part of my install or am I just hosting a web application with referenced dlls.. btw, I can't just use the web edition because asp.net pages with server side controls is not an option.

Apologies if I am vague, perhaps it reflects my level of understanding at the moment..

Regards, Shailesh

Hi Shailesh, 

The installation of the Map Suite WMS Server setup.exe installs the sample applications and necessary MapSuite dlls on your development environment that allow you to create your plugins and compile the WMSPluginService. Thus you would not install this setup on the server you wish to host your WMS server on. Once you create the Plugins for your specific data you would deploy the WMSServer WMS PluginService to IIS on your server and add the Dlls for your Plugins. 

I hope this clarifies where the different parts of the system should reside.

Thanks Ryan… that helps  
 Once you create the Plugins for your specific data you would deploy the WMSServer WMS PluginService to IIS on your server and add the Dlls for your Plugins 

Hello Shailesh, 

You are welcome, please feel free to let us know your questions. 

Regards, 

Gary