ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

Error Ecw

Hi, 

When I zoom on ecw raster, I have this error message

It’s difficult to reproduce this error because when I zoom again on the same ecw, I don’t have this error message ;-(

Thanks for your help.

Regards.

Stéphanie.

Hi Steph,

It’s a known issue which is caused by by multi-threads. But we fix it now, please try the below ways to solve it:

• Install the latest WpfDesktopEdition(7.0.218.0 or later)

•     
  • Download the latest WpfDesktopEditionFullDllPackage.zip(7.0.218.0 or later), unzip it, then run “Map Suite Unmanaged Dependencies 7.0.197.0.msi”

If this issue still exists, would you mind to send us the ecw files you are using and the WpfDesktopEdition version, or a concrete sample is better? that would be easier for us to debug into it.

Regards,

Johnny

Hi Johnny, 

Thanks for your help.

I downloaded a new version of dll (i have new error cf. post Error cacheRaster (the second error described)

But my question is about the deployment of the dll from Map suite Unmanaged Dependencies 7.0.197.0.msi, these dll seem to be the same as the dll from the msi of Map Suite WPF Desktop Full Edition 7.0 Setup.msi (same dll versions …)

Is there a difference for these dlls ? (msvcp100.dll ; msvcp100d.dll ; msvcr100.dll ; msvcr100d.dll ; SqlServerSpatial110.dll)

Thanks.

Regards.

Steph.

Hi Steph, 

Sorry for the inconvenience. The MapSuite Unmanaged Dependencies has no difference from the installed Wpf Edition. But there should be a bug with the latest Unmanaged Dependencies msi. We are now tracking this issue and will update a new one very soon. We will update this thread when it is ready.  

Thanks for reporting this issue, 
 Howard

Hi Howard,  

Have you sold this problem ? 
 Thanks. 
 Regards. 
 Steph.

Hi Steph, 

Thanks for your waiting, the problem has been solved, would you please get the latest dll(7.0.291.0) and try it again(please install the The "MapSuite Unmanaged Dependencies.msi" too)? 

If you have any more question, please feel free to let us know. 

Best Regards 

Summer

Hi summer, 

I changed the dll and I install the version of 7.0.0.337 with the Map Suite Unmanaged Dependencies 7.0.0.280 (although I feel that the dll is the same as the previous version (msvcp100.dll ; …)

And I have a message error after zoom int / zoom out ;-( ie. Attached file).

Thanks.

Regards.

Steph.

20140523_EcwError.jpg (105 KB)

Steph, 

I think you can try to install the latest development version (7.0.xxx.0) rather than the release version(7.0.0.0). the bug fix might be only applied on the development version. 

If the issue persists, please let us know. 
 Thanks, 
 Troy

Troy,  

For the deployment of our software I don’t use the development version because in one of my older post , I asked what is the best choice dev Build or prod build and the answer was  : thinkgeo.com/forums/MapSuite/tabid/143/aft/10902/afpg/2/afpg/2/Default.aspx#42158 

So if I use the dev build, the dlls are less stable ? 
 Thanks. 
 Regards. 
 Steph.

Steph,

general speaking, the release version is more stable but don’t worry too much, it is safe to use development version. What’s more I have verified this bug fix only applied on the development version and it will apply to the release version after the MapSuite 8.0 release(in June I guess). So, currently, I am afraid we can only get the development version to fix this issue. In my opinions, if your application is still in developing, I think it is safe to use development version and replace the release version back after our big release of Map Suite 8.0.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Troy

Troy

I changed the dll thinkgeo (7.0.0.245 to 8.0.0.56) and I have a leak memory with ecw file !
I launched he same application, one with dll 8.0.0.56 and an other one 7.0.0.245 and the memroy used i totally different (ie screen shot.)
I did the same thing, zoom +, zoom -, pan.
It’s really urgent because one of our customer will use a ecw files in few days.

I tested with new dll (8.0.0.56) because with dll 7.0.0.245, when I zoom +, zoom -, pan 

I sent to forumsupportthinkgeo an example of ecw.

Thansk a lot for your help.
Regards.
Steph.

001_Erreur_20140806.jpg (7.33 KB)

And I forgot to mention that I use MultiGeoRasterLayer  (MultiGeoRasterLayer + EcwRasterLayer = memory leak)

Thanks

Regards.

Steph.

Hi Steph, 

We have fixed this issue in the latest unmanaged dependencies msi. You can get it by downloading the 8.0.0.58 dll packages which includes this installer. 

Please try it and let me know if the issue persists. 
 Thanks, 
 Troy

Hi Troy,  

Thanks.  
 I checked with thinkgeoProduct center and this is version 8.0.57 which is proposed. The new version 8.0.58 will be available in few hours ? tomorrow ? 

I ask this question because it is very urgent. 
 Thanks again. 
 Regards. 
 Steph.

Steph, 

Sorry the 8.0.58.0 was building in my previous reply, Now, it builds out. Please try it. 

Thanks, 

Troy

Hi,

We are currently using the version 9.0.0.401 and still getting the same error message:

Can anyone help me how to solve this problem?

Thanks,
Jay

Hi Jay,

We have an sample in our HowDoISample project named “Load an ECW image”, I tested that with the version 9.0.0.401 but hadn’t reproduced this exception.

I think that should because you hadn’t get the latest version of Unmanaged Dlls.

Please download them here:

This is for production version https://ap.thinkgeo.com:5001/sharing/FRbE7samz

This is for development version https://ap.thinkgeo.com:5001/sharing/Z9s2wmoMp

Wish that’s helpful.

Regards,

Don

Hi Don,

After further investigation we found that we are still using MapSuiteECW version 7.0.0.245 (MapSuiteEcw.msm), but other components are version 9.0.0.401. Now if I upgrade the MapSuiteECW to version 9.0.0.401 the map just crashes straightaway. I’m trying to use MapSuiteECW version 8.0.0.56 but couldn’t find it on your site.

Is it possible to send me a MapSuiteECW version 8.0.0.56? or is there a way to solve this compatibility problem?

Thanks,
Jay

Hi Jay,

Attached is the ECW folders for 8.0.0.56, please use it replace your original dlls in system folder.

https://ap.thinkgeo.com:5001/sharing/wUxzZzRu5

And please make sure you are using correct version of MapSuiteCore and WPF edition.

After check that, please try our latest development version of MapSuiteCore and the development UnmanagedDlls to see whether it can be render correct.

Regards,

Don

Thanks Don.

How to register these DLL files? We are currently using a module called MapSuiteEcw.msm (located in C:\Program Files (x86)\ThinkGeo\Map Suite 9.0\Shared Developer Reference\Merge Modules), so our installer automatically installs the files. Do you have a MapSuiteEcw.msm version 8? I don’t know how to manually install these DLLs.

Regards,
Jay