ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

Error on first access to LayerOverlay class

Hi,

We are running into a problem on our production servers. We are using ThinGeo Map Suite 8.0 and when the first access is made to class LayerOverlay, it throws an exception saying the following: 

Common Language Runtime detected an invalid program.

The stacktrace is:

Common Language Runtime detected an invalid program.
   at ThinkGeo.MapSuite.WebEdition.LayerOverlay…ctor()

We’ve registered a production license on the server but the watermark “Unlicensend for runtime” still appears. Could be this error related to licensing problems?

We’ve checked the path “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node\ThinkGeo\Map
Suite Web Edition Server 8.0\Runtime” and it has what it looks like an encripted a value.

Can you help us?

Best regards,

AMBISIG

Hi Bruno,

I guess the first problem should be really complicated for us to reproduce it, I’m sure it occurs after your server runs a very long time or just after deploy it to the server, if the previous, could you please try providing more details here? such as IIS version, the concrete version of DLL, server environment, is it possible to recreate it on other machine with same application etc. If the later one, could you please update your application to forumsupport@thinkgeo.com or ask sales@thinkgeo.com for a FTP address to upload.

For “Unlicensed for runtime”, it’s also hard to determine the problem based on the description, but I guess there are 2 options for try:

1. Would you please uninstall the license and reinstall the license again with the “*.msi”. If still doesn’t work, could you please save the registry and update it to forumsupport@thinkgeo.com?

2. Uninstall the license you have now, and use the “MapSuiteRegistrationBuilder.exe” in installation folder to create a *.request file, and then update it to sales@thinkgeo.com for a *.license file to see if it works.

Thanks,

Johnny

Hi,

So far, it only happens the first time the web application is accessed! Then if we retry, it will not happen. So it is the second option. 

Curiously this doesn’t happen on other environments, only in production. We are using the following software:

• Windows Server 2012 R2

•     
  • IIS 8

•     
  • .NET Framework 4.5.1

•     
  • Thinkgeo Web Edition 8.0.0

The server is a virtual machine.

We cannot update the software to ThinkGeo.

It seems like you have already come across this problem. Any solutions?

Best regards,

AMBISIG

Hi Bruno,

Thanks for your further information. I referenced v 8.0.0.0 for testing on our production servers(virtual machine: Windows Server 2012 R2), but I am sorry I failed to reproduce the issue "Common Language Runtime detected an invalid program". 

For the exception, maybe you check this URL forums.asp.net/t/1719881.aspx?common+language+runtime+detected+an+invalid+program.

BTW, how about the issue for "Unlicensed for runtime";

Thanks,