ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

Error printing with Texture Brush AreaStyle

Hi,

We are receiving an exception when we try to print a layer that uses a GeoTextureBrush. The AreaStyle is created as a simple area style, then its Advanced property is set as follows:

Dim oBrush As New GeoTextureBrush(oImage)
oAreaStyle.Advanced.FillCustomBrush = oBrush

I have attached a sample project that demonstrates this issue. After the project runs click the ‘Print’ button and note the exception that is thrown.

Thanks!

Steve

PageAreaSymbolBug.zip (66.0 KB)

Hi Steve,

I guess you means print to printer, and the error should be “Specified method is not supported.”

That’s because the GeoTextureBrush is not supported for printer, only GeoSolidBrush, GeoHatchBrush and GeoLinearGradientBrush is supported now.

Regards,

Ethan

Ethan,

I guess it is difficult to support the GeoTextureBrush for printing. We will not use this type of style until printing is supported. Is it possible to support GeoTextureBrush in some future release?

Thanks,

Steve

Hi Steve,

We don’t have the plan to support that in future, because the library we used don’t support that also, if we need to support it, maybe we need to get round the library and write many bottom level code, which will be so complex.

But if we found any better library for print, I think our developer will consider to enhancement our print related function.

Regards,

Ethan