Thanks for the response.
So for starters, it looks like I can connect to .mdb files okay. I am able to open them via code, get the table names, etc.
However, I'm still getting the main exception "This function relies on MapSuiteDependency-Fdo.nupkg" after manually copying over the .dlls you mentioned. Just to give some more debugging info on the error, at the stacktrace it says the error is at
" at ThinkGeo.MapSuite.UnmanagedAssembliesHelper.GetAssemblyPathFilename(String directoryName, String assemblyName, PclPlatform platform)\r\n at ThinkGeo.MapSuite.Layers.FdoVectorFeatureSource.OpenCore()\r\n at ThinkGeo.MapSuite.Layers.FeatureSource.Open()\r\n at ThinkGeo.MapSuite.Layers.FeatureLayer.OpenCore()\r\n at ThinkGeo.MapSuite.Layers.Layer.Open()\r\n "
Update: So this is pretty weird. I created a new project as the one you sent that works, made everything EXACTLY the same. I went file by file, line by line, including the solution file, etc. and made sure everything was the same. It worked fine. This was in VS 2015.
I made a new project in VS 2017, and did the same thing. I got the same error, but then I had it target .NET 4.5 instead of 4.5.2, and it seemingly worked, but I got thrown the same error. The layer.open() worked however.
After that, I narrowed it down to the error displaying only after I would make a change to one of the classes, even if it was just a space. The error would display before the program actually hit any of the code, but everything would run fine. Then it would display again after I exited the program. It only does this on the first debug after a change is made.
I have no idea what could be causing that and why it happened all of the sudden, but I suppose the code works for now!
Thanks for your help, let me know if you find anything else about it!