ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

Feature placement and pan sensitivity

Similar to Pan sensitivity except on Android. Our users our having a lot of trouble placing lines as a result of pan movement during the long press needed to finish line placement.

With Android I don’t see a way to prevent the pan from occurring – I tried setting the motion.event.action to cancel in the touch move event but that had no impact… None of the settings on android address the pan sensitivity.

Hi Richard,

The pan sensitivity problem for Android harder than WPF, I am not sure whether we can find a good solution for it.

Do you think it is possible if you change the behavior like this:

1. User enter the draw line mode by click a button
  2. User click on map, you add a flag on map (for example a marker) , and shows the start point
  3. User pan the map, click again, and you add flag again, shows 2nd point, at the same time, connect current point to previous point
  4. User pan and click again.
  5. User click button to release this process to add line shape

I am not sure whether this is helpful for your scenario.

If you still want to choose your solution, could you please provide us a sample and let us know how to reproduce it? Our developer can look into it and see whether we can provide any suggestion.

Regards,

Ethan

As for reproducing this its simply setting MapView.TrackMode to Line and simply trying to terminate the last point on a relatively sensitive tablet. For our testing we are using a Samsung T580. If you move your finger even the slightest amount it pans instead of registering a long press.

For our solution we are simply going to place a button on the screen to finalize placement as an alternative to a longpress operation.

Hi Richard,

We will do some test by simple test sample, any update or question I will let you know.

Regards,

Ethan

Hi Richard,

In fact in most devices it cannot be reproduced, our developers find many different devices and test that. After that we did further research about it, but because the different event progress between WPF and Android, we finally hadn’t found a better solution for the special devices, so your solution to add a button to release track line should still been the best solution.

Just update to let you know it, if we found any other news we will update it also.

Regards,

Ethan