ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

Feature selection with all zoom level using mouse selection

Hi Team,

Good Morning.

We have a map which loads multiple points as icon and we want to select the point in all zoom level. Based on the mouse selection we will navigate the selected information to another screen.

But currently we are able to use mouse selection only at a certain zoom level.

Please provide us a solution where we can use the mouse selection at all zoom level.

with regards,
srivaradhan

Hi Srivaradhan,

I think I am not understand your question clearly.

What’s the “select at all zoom level”? Because when you zoom in throw different zoom level, the extent keep decrease, so after you zoom in, all the points should be also contained in the extent in previous extent, you had selected all of them.

If you want to select all the points of an area, please do spatial query in your layer to find all points in the selected polygon, then highlight them to show which is found.

If I misunderstand anything please let me know more detail scenario.

Regards,

Ethan

Hi Ethan,

Thanks for your reply.

What we want to explain is , when we use mouse selection on the plotted point, it is not selected at any zoom level. It is able to select only at a particular zoom level. E.g. The point is able to select only at zoom level 2 but we want to select point at any zoom level without using GetFeatureNearest method.

Please update us if you need further information.

with regards,
srivaradhan

Hi Srivaradhan,

The “ZoomLevel” is only works for render map, but the feature is existing through all the levels.

So if you want to select a point or an area on map through all levels, you just need ignore the “zoomlevel” and directly do spatial query for the layer, so you can know which point or area is selected.

In fact if you want to select feature in specified level, that’s a little hard, because that need to loop the levels and know which levels the feature is rendered.

If you still think that’s confused, please tell us more detail about your scenario, or point where is the key if I misunderstand your requirement.

Regards,

Ethan

Hi,

Please refer below link.

https://github.com/ThinkGeo/GetFeaturesClickedOnSample-ForWinForms1

wish that’s helpful.

Regards,
Tamilarasan.

Hi Tamilarasan,

This is one of our samples, so does it suitable for your requirement or you have any further requirement based on it?

I asked about your detail requirement is because I am not totally understand your scenario here.

So I think maybe you want to describe your question like this:

1. We have many shape file layers
  2. We need to click on map and find a feature in zoom level 3
  3. We refer the sample GetFeaturesClickedOnSample, but it hadn’t implement the operation, we want to…

It’s just an example, please ignore the content.

Regards,

Ethan