ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

GDI+ threw a status error code

When we install the MapSuite onto the Windows 7 box, everything works...until we reboot the machine and then we have to re-install the app.  Here is the error we get:

If we delete the server MapSuite dlls and replace them, we can recover the system without re-installation.

How can I get this problem elevated?

Hello Mark, 

Thanks for your post, could you please provide more information about this issue? Which product version are you using? And how to recreate this problem? I just tried reboot the computer but everything is ok. 

And I did some search on Server Error in ‘/Alerity’ Application, it’s said: 

This error usually happens on Windows NT, Windows 2000 or Windows XP running ASP.NET applications (VB.NET, C#) and is often caused by the URL not pointing to a virtual directory on the Web server. For example you may be executing the URL localhost/websitename , which may be pointing to a folder that was not setup as virtual directory. 

I appreciate your help. 

Regards, 

Gary

We are using Map Suite Silverlight Full Edition 6.0. 

I don’t have anything that I can easy do to re-create the problem for you.  Do you have anything I can do to attempt to troubleshoot the issue on my end?

We have two developers, one with MapSuite installed and one who does not.  The one who does not is the one who is creating the distributable installs and is using the runtime MapSuite dlls.  The one (me) who has MapSuite installed is the one making all the changes to the Silverlight map application.  Tomorrow I am going to create the installer on my machine to see if that might be the issue, but I would think a dll is a dll and wouldn’t change.

Actually, we aren’t using a virtual directory.  localhost/websitename is C:\inetpub\wwwroot\websitename

Do you have a more detailed guide for deployment than the one on your site? 
 wiki.thinkgeo.com/wiki/Map_Suite_Silverlight_Edition_Deployment_Guide 

I am wondering if I am missing a step when we build our application.  All  we do is create the installer from VS2010 and run it on the target.

Hello Mark, 

I appreciate your help, and waiting your result. 

Regards, 

Gary

Gary, I think I have a VS2010 project all setup.  I have a HelloWorld Silverlight project, a .Web project, a .Web.csproj_deploy project and an installer project in one solution.  How do you want me to get it to you?

In my hello world project, when I run the installer and get it up and running I don’t see any maps that I see in the debugger.  Any ideas?  I’m sorry, but I just don’t know what is going on or what to do.

Hello Mark, 

Can you attached this project here? 

Regards, 

Gary

I provided a download link in my ticket.

Hello Mark, 

Thanks, I’m working on it and will post the answer in your ticket. 

Regards, 

Gary

Hi, I am a new developer working for the same company. (Mark no longer works here). We are having this issue (randomly) when we run in debug mode, using a local debug directory instead of a virtual directory. We sometimes encounter this issue though even when deployed to IIS. Can you please tell me what the resolution to his issue was?

The code:
var gdiPlusRasterLayer = new GdiPlusRasterLayer(mapFile);
gdiPlusRasterLayer.Open();

The contents that mapFile points to (a .jpg file) is there in the location given. It sometimes works and sometimes doesn’t.

The InvalidOperationException:
GDI+ threw a status error code.
at ThinkGeo.MapSuite.Core.UnsafeHelper.FastLoadImageFromFile(String pathFileName)
HResult: -2146233079
Thank you!

Hi Lisa,

The issue should have been fixed since Map Suite 8.0. please get the latest Daily Builds version from Product Center and have a try again. If it does not work, please provide more information.
We will keep one eye on it.
Thanks,
Emil