ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

Geocoder issue help needed

Hi,

I have the latest geocoder software and I am using usageocoder with of course the USA data from US census 2010.

when I input the address: "61 HARMON ARENA, BERKELEY, CA, 94720, USA" or "BERKELEY, 94720, CA , USA" or "94720, CA, USA"

we do not have any zipcode match!!!!!  94720 is a legit zip code (source US census bureau").

thanks

jm.

Hi Jean-marie, 

After check our original data, we found it caused by an empty boundary of some of the Zip code(included the #94720) at our 2010 Geocoder data. Besides, just want you know, our 2012 Geocoder data was generating now and hope those data would be better. 

Sorry for any inconvenience. 

Regards, 

Gary

Gary, it is very urgent for 3M to get the geocoder working we have to geocoder about 45 millions of address within the US.  Next will be outside US and at this point we speak about 100millions then I want to know if this can be achieve with your software component ?  We tried to use it in batch console mode not using a web service to call the coder but it seems that the geocoder is not thread safe or unable to work with files open by many thread.  We went back to web service but using an in memory drive doing so give us about 500 address per second.  I hope that the issue you have be fixed ASAP. One more time we have to geocode because we do clean our data before going ERP with SAP. 

Thanks.

Hi Jean-Marie, 

Thanks for your feedback concerning the Geocoder! 

In reference to the data issue I can tell you that the Geocoder data is scheduled to be updated to the TigerData 2012 dataset as part of the annual Map Suite 7.0 release coming up in May. The creation of the the Geocoder index data requires significant processing effort so we only offer data updates on a yearly basis. 

We would be glad to discuss the threading and multiple access issues as I am sure there are improvements to be made. Could you possibly create a new Discussion Form thread or Customer Portal Ticket for these issues so that we can address them in detail?

Hi Ryan, 

Any hope of getting a fix for the issue linked with 2010 data? 

thanks 

jm

Hi Jean-Marie,  

Unfortunately an update to just the zipcode information would require an complete rebuild of the entire Geocoding Index. The Zipcode information is embedded in several areas of the index so we cannot just update a single section of the index. At this point I only see this being updated with the 7.0 release.