ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

GeoTiffRasterLayer - System.AccessViolationException

Hi Dennis,

Our developer will test MrSid with latest development version with your data under MapRasters2008 folder.

Regards,

Don

Hi Dennis,

Sorry for delay.
For the ‘the breakpoint in DrawCore does not get hit while panning the map’.
I have seen your code in the Post named ‘Jpeg2000RasterLayer - Does not Display’, attached shows that.
CodeSnippetJpeg2000RasterLayer.txt (1.8 KB)

I did some tests with our testing TIF Image (just one) and found the key code is ‘TheOverlayRaster.TileBuffer = 1;’, I guess this code cause the issue. Please remove it and try again.

The other issue is in progress, any updates will be updated here.
Thanks,
Emil

Emil,

I set TheOverlayRaster.TileBuffer = 0 and now panning from tile-to-tile works.

Thank you very much.

I’ll watch for what you have to say about the other issues.

Regards,
Dennis

Hi Dennis,

We are glad to hear that works.

Please let us know if you have any question.

Regards,

Don

Don,

It’s working on my WIndows-10 machine, but not under Windows-7.

So I still have to figure out what is going on there with the DLL’s.

Does ThinkGeo have any plans to maybe re-think the design of raster images in terms of the DLL’s? Just seems like this is a frequent issue with the DLL’s.

Thanks,
Dennis

Hi Dennis,

Yes, it looks there are some problem related with raster layer which render by the unmanaged dlls, but I think for 9.0 we don’t have a plan to change this design, for the coming 10.0 there are many changes, so we can think more about this problem after 10.0 release.

But I think I need to let our mangers know the question you asked, whether we can do some optimize about this architecture.

For the exception, our developer still working for it. Any update I will let you know.

Regards,

Don

Hi Don,

Thanks for the update, it all sounds good.

Dennis

Hi Dennis,

Our developer want to double check with the mainly question now, in this post we mentioned three issues:

1. MrSid and GeoTiff panning issue, which won’t go into DrawCore. This should had been fixed by set TileBuffer equal 0, we tested it both for win7, win8 and win10. Our developer is doing further research about this problem, maybe we can do enhancement it when set TileBuffer.

2. AccessViolationException issue for Geotiff, it looks for single file it had been fixed.

3. JP2 open issue, in other post it had been tested and your data format looks don’t been supported now.

So the remain question now should be when open multiply Geotiff or supported JP2 files, your application still throw exception? If I missed information here please let me know.

Or some other further question about this problem please list to us.

Regards,

Don

Hi Dennis,

It’s proved to be a bug which should be fixed in the version 9.0.457.0. Please get it when it’s available and have a try again.

Thanks,
Peter