ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

GeoTiffRasterLayer

Hi ThinkGeo...

I am trying to display a georeferenced .tiff over my thinkgeo map when the user selects/clicks a button.  I am having issues displaying the .tiff at all... Nothing is showing up ??? 

Do I just create the layer: 

GeoTiffRasterLayer emergLayer = new GeoTiffRasterLayer("/..../..../");

And then just add this layer to my Overlay:

shapeOverlay.Layers.Add(emergLayer);

Thanks so much in advance,
Kevin Riddell

Hi Kevin,

We can’t re-produce your issue. Could you please provide us a sample project to recreate this issue.

For your reference, we can display TIFF file on the map by using the following code:
Map1.MapBackground.BackgroundBrush = new GeoSolidBrush(GeoColor.StandardColors.White);
Map1.MapUnit = GeographyUnit.DecimalDegree;
LayerOverlay myOverlay = new LayerOverlay();
Map1.CustomOverlays.Add(myOverlay);

GeoTiffRasterLayer tiffLayer = new GeoTiffRasterLayer(MapPath(@"~\SampleData\World\World.tif"));
myOverlay.Layers.Add(tiffLayer);
tiffLayer.Open();
Map1.CurrentExtent = tiffLayer.GetBoundingBox();
tiffLayer.Close();

Thanks,

Ivan

Kevin, what is the TIFF size?

Good Morning,

The .tiff size is quite large,  201 MB.  

Thanks,

Kevin 

Kevin, 

A very common cause why a layer (raster or vector) does not show up on a map is because the unit of the layer does not match the unit of the map. The first thing I would check is to make sure the MapUnit property of the map is set correctly. For example, it needs to be GeographyUnit.Meters if your tiff is also in that unit. 
  If you are still having issues, we will setup an FTP account for you so that you can upload the tiff. Let us know. Thank you.

Hey Val, 

I got the layer to show up…The quality is not the best due to the projection of the points and icons.  I decided to create a new layer file and make a real shapefile rather than deal with the undesired quality. 

Thanks for the help on this one! 

Kevin

Kevin, 

You are welcome. If you have any other questions, let us know.