ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

Great Circle line rendering issue

Hi,
While drawing Great Circle line, it’s not looking clear line(Width=1). I apply Anti alias to map(wfMap.TextRenderingHint = TextRenderingHint.AntiAlias;).Is this anti alias only for Text Style?

Code:1
LineStyles.CreateSimpleLineStyle(GeoColor.SimpleColors.Black, 1, LineDashStyle.Dash, true)

Result:1 (Not Clear Line)

Code:2
LineStyles.CreateSimpleLineStyle(GeoColor.SimpleColors.Black, 1, LineDashStyle.Dash, true)

Result:2 (This One looks better and clear compare to Width=1)

But,I want to set line width=1 with clear render.Suggest me some ideas to achieve it.

thanks,
Riyaz

Hi Riyaz,

This property maybe helpful:

layer.DrawingQuality = DrawingQuality.HighQuality;

Regards,

Ethan

Hi Ethan,
Thanks for your reply.
I already applied DrawingQuality, even though it’s not coming.

Suggest me some other.

Thanks,
Riyaz

Hi Riyaz,

For the small size dash, because it’s a oblique line so it looks not clear, I think maybe we don’t have more settings about that, but I will let our developer know it and if we found anything is helpful I will let you know.

Regards,

Ethan

Ok Thanks.

Anything found Please Let me know.

Thanks,
Riyaz

Hi Riyaz,

Any update we will let you know.

Regards,

Ethan

Hi Ethan,

Any News from your Developer’s about my problem. I am waiting for it. Please Let me know.

Thanks,
Riyaz

Hi Riyaz,

Our developer do research about this problem, we think the current effect should be the best one now, because the render is based on the GDI.

We tested write line directly by GDI+, the result looks the same. The left one is draw directly by GDI and the right one is by our map.

You can also view the two project:

Draw by GDI:
GDI8730.zip (9.8 KB)

Draw by MapControl:
map8730.zip (11.3 KB)

Regards,

Ethan

Hi Ethan,
Thanks for your reply. Finally We can’t make clarity line on Width=1. If it possible in further versions. Please Let me know.

It’s Helpful.

Thanks,
Riyaz

Hi Riyaz,

It looks we don’t have more idea about it for now.

If we have any enhancement about it in future version I will let you know.

Regards,

Ethan

Hi Ethan,
Still we are facing the Line smoothing issue.
Can you please fix the line smooth in ‘Curved Line’ (GC Line).

Thanks,
Riyaz

Hi Riyaz,

It looks you hadn’t mentioned about the curved line in this topic, could you please show us your code about how your build the lines and how you render them?

In fact our map don’t have a type named “Curved Line”, it’s just lineshape. If you found it’s not smooth, which maybe means the density of points is not enough, you can add more points into the line by interpolation method.

And please refer our sample here: http://wiki.thinkgeo.com/wiki/map_suite_desktop_edition_all_samples#great_circle_with_google_map

This should be helpful for you.

Regards,

Ethan