ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

Highlight "top" of polygon

I am using the first segment of a rectangle to determine how to rotate images. I need an arrow always pointing to the “top” of the rectangle. This is pretty simple when first creating the rectangle, but if I start rotating it multiple times, I can’t tell which is the “top” anymore visually. I know the top when breaking down the rectangle into segments (line from vertex 1 to 2, 2 to 3, etc). Is there a way to highlight just 1 segment of a polygon in the edit overlay?

Hi Jake,

I think you can save the point in column value of the feature.

After you edit it, you can put the shape back to your other layer, then render the point as a standalone point shape.

I hadn’t found a easy way to implement draw the start point, and it can follow the shape rotate.

Regards,

Ethan

I am fine with rotating the point separately, but is there anyway to color the top of the rectangle in a different color? Can we make the edit shape on the edit layer look like the rectangle below? This would allow the user to know where the “top” of the rectangle is every time.

Hi Jake,

I understand your requirement, but our style is work for entire shape, we cannot render the top edge by different color by default APIs.

But maybe you can try to implement the custom style, change the draw logic in DrawCore, and then assign the style back to edit overlay.

I am not sure whether it can works, it’s just a thinking.

Regards,

Ethan