ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

How to change label positions as per current extent

Hi,

I am showing labels on line features. I want to show labels at the edge of map. Whenever I will pan or zoom map labels should be there on edge of map. Request you to guide.

Thanks,
Goral

Hi Goral,

Do you meant you want to pin the label on edge of map?

I think you should want to create a standalone layer, and draw the label in drawCore by your code, you can calculate the edge coordinates and draw the label.

If you don’t want to make the label move follow pan, I think some static adornment layer should be helpful for it.

Regards,

Don

Hi,

Yes I want to pin label on edge of map like Graticule layer labels. If you have any sample code it will be helpful for me.

Thanks,
Goral

Hi Goral,

That’s in fact build a custom AdornmentLayer, so you can search in this page: http://wiki.thinkgeo.com/wiki/map_suite_wpf_desktop_edition_all_samples

And view the code of the sample which implement its AdornmentLayer.

Wish that’s helpful.

Regards,

Don

Hi,

I have gone through the sample Latitude Longitude Graticule sample.In which Lat/Long labels are generated runtime. Its helpful. Now I want to know can we add projection to the class? Please give example to add it.

Thanks,
Goral

Hi Goral,

I think we don’t have a sample like your requirement, but I think you had implemented draw the labels in 4326, then you can easily re-projection that before you draw it in the function like DrawCore.

Regards,

Don