ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

How to consume wms in javascript

Hi,

I have downloaded map suite wms server edition on my desktop. I have gone thru the quickstart tutorial given in your webpage in visual studio 2010 version and deployed it with .net 3.5 framework. I have added my own shapefiles to the "simple map" inside the HelloWmsPlugin code, run the project and displayed them on the map. Later, I have copied  the "WmsPluginService" folder located under "\HowDoISamples\CSharp Samples\" in Map Suite WMS Server Evaluation Edition 6.0 folder to the "C:\inetpub\wwwroot" folder and deployed the project in IIS . After browsing the project, and seeing the "Thinkgeo wms server admin page" and clicking on preview, I was able to see the map I created.
Now, I want to consume this map in a different project inside a javascript file with openlayers. How can I do so?
At the end of the quickstart tutorial at the Thinkgeo website, (wiki.thinkgeo.com/wiki/Map_Suite_WMS_Server_Edition_Quick_Start_Guide) they have given the steps to consume the wms on a client application, but it is deployed in Map suite edition. I want to consume the wms on a javascript file with openlayers in my other project and don't want to do it in map suite. The question is how to do it?
Thanks in advance,

Thanks for your post but this exact question was posed in this thread: gis.thinkgeo.com/Support/Dis...fault.aspx