ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

How to integrate gis editor to my web application

hi,

can we integrate this gis editor to my web application which is currently working .how to integrate this gis editor to my web application if we integrate this to my web application users can generate their own layers and they will add to map.is it possible.

Hi Rajanikanth,

GISEditor is Wpf based application, it is different from Silverlight and web control. For now, it is impossible to put this Wpf application into the web, because it needs lots of access and security issues on the client side. On another hand, in a long run, it is possible; because in Wpf, it has Xbap application which allows us to put a Wpf control on the web, see the article below:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XAML_Browser_Applications

But because of the limits of the web application, it won't support full functionality technically. We are trying our best to enhance this product, and make it stable, easily to use and simply to extend. To integrate to the Web might not be the highest priority task for now. I will talk to our manager to see if we can have a lite version in the near future.

Thanks,
Howard