ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

How to retrieve a network's nodes from Map Suite Routing?

Hello,

I’m currently evaluating the Map Suite Routing Extension and I’m trying to find a list of nodes and their connections. My goal is to identify dead-ends (“cul-de-sacs”) so I can disable them and thus improve the performance of the routing functions, something I already do with another library. I looked at the classes and functions available and couldn’t find anything related to nodes, which is a concept I’ve seen before in other libraries.

I noticed that each RouteSegment contains adjacent feature IDs for its end points, which may be able to help me to accomplish the same task.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance,

Joe

Hi Joe,

Thanks for evaluating Map Suite Routing Extension. I guess you are correct. To find the dead-ends, we need to get each RouteSegment to see if there is any adjacent segments (Feature ids) following the road direction, if not, I guess this routeSegment should be dead-end road. I’m not sure if I understood you correctly.

The direction of the road should be related to the attribution file (*.dbf), if there isn’t any way-direction definition, please take it as both-way road.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,
Johnny