ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

How to update World map kit?

Is there a way to use Open Street SHP files to update the Workmap kit.

I am interested in updating California State Streets with OpenMaps SHP file. Many of the new streets and freeway bridges are missing. Eevn those that were built 2 years back.

My goal

a) Update with latest road maps of CA

b) Use the Map for Routing (Shortest Distance) eg. Travelling sales man problem.

The output should be similar to Google maps Direction api.

Hi Vinod, 

The World Map Kit contains a class file that is designed to work specifically with the World Map Kit Data set. So while it would be possible to import OpenStreetMap data into the existing California streets data the process could prove difficult as the World Map Kit street data is split into seven categories for the different road types. Thus you would need to match and split up the records in your OSM data to match each of these categories or modify the street styles in the World Map Kit class to match the Open Street Maps data. 

The Open Street Map could be used as a source for a Routing Index which the Map Suite Routing Edition. I would recommend taking a look at our Map Suite Routing Quick Start Guide for more information on how to create the Routing Index: wiki.thinkgeo.com/wiki/Map_S...uting_Data

Please submit further Routing questions in the Map Suite Routing Section of the Forum so that others needing Routing Edition assistance might find our discussion.