ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

In need of a compregensive example

Hello,

I visited the web site under wiki.thinkgeo.com/wiki/Map_Suite_Geocoder trying to locate any comprehensive example of creating map data files out of shape files and also any code showing how to use the map data that I create, but I could not find anything.

Looking through the forum I found bit and pieces that give me some idea of what needs to be done but not enough to get me started.

I have separate shape files containing streets, cities and counties and I would like to create map data files to be used with the Map Suite Geocoder for both geocoding and reverse geocoding functions.

Is there anything available as an example for new users regarding this?

Regards,

Kostas

Kotas, 

Thanks for your post, 

We have a simple sample to show you how to build your own index data, the sample name is "BuildIndexFile" in our sample application. But I guess maybe your shape files are compex so you cannot get enough informatin from this sample, you just need to reference it if you can understand it. Also if you cannot understand how to build your own index data I suggest you to send all of your shape files to us and we will help you to build the index data and override the MatchCore function. 

Thanks, 

Scott, 

Scott, 

I have seen the sample you mentioned but it doesn’t really help with understanding the logic behind the geocoder, the plugins and what I need to do in the various methods that need to be overriden. We have map data from different providers around the world (some are non-latin based) so I need to have a clear understanding about how it works.  

Do you have a pricelist regarding converting map data and helping with the code implementation? 

Thanks, 
 Kostas

Kostas,  

All Professional Services quotes are handled through our Sales Department. Please feel free to contact Sales at 866-847-7510.