ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

Jpeg2000RasterLayer - Does not Display

Jack,

Thank you very much. I will download the patch.

Dennis

Jack,

I’ve been doing some testing and am encountering System.AccessViolationException while panning. This appears to be random and does not always happen.

Attached is a file with the exception.

Thanks,
Dennis
OriStarVisionExceptionOnPanningJPEG2000.txt (8.5 KB)

Jack,

Here is another exception. I don’t know what was going on when this happen.

Dennis
ExceptionFromJPeg200020161130.txt (7.4 KB)

Dannis,

I am still trying to reproduce your error, wondering

1. Are you having issue with multiple files randomly or always happening on certain file at certain area?
  2. Assume you are using WPF Edition, are you using single tile mode or multiple tile mode on the map?
    Thanks,
    Jack

Jake,

I am setting Tile Informatiuon as shown below. This is happening randomly. Using WPF.

I had downloaded my Visual Studio project to my user space at ThinkGeo. It is called OriStarRaster. This application has a class that creates its own layer and handles multiple raster files within the one layer.

Dennis

TheOverlayRaster.TileBuffer = 0;
            TheOverlayRaster.TileWidth  = 512;
            TheOverlayRaster.TileHeight = 512;

Thanks,
I’ll look into this, and keep you posted.
Thanks,
Jack

Dannis,

Thanks for your sample application, I can load up the raster files, play around, pan/zoom for about 15 minutes, didn’t see any error. Here’s the raster file I was testing with:
Cook_11_2014.jp2
Cook_21_2014.jp2
Cook_30_2014.jp2.
Test steps:

1. Run MainWindow.xaml form
  2. Select JPEG 2000 on the top button,
  3. Click Load Raster(s) button and select one of the file above
  4. Pan/zoom in/zoom out for a few minutes.

Would you clear the system dependencies files, and run the patch installation again, to make sure old system dependencies been replaced by the newer ones.

Here’s the path of system dependencies:
C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Map Suite 9.0
OR C:\Windows\System32\Map Suite 9.0

Thanks,
Jack

Jack,

I’ve ensured that the proper dependencies are installed.

The issue does not surface, or not that I’ve seen, when only a single discrete jp2 image has been opened.

The issue occurs when using what I call a ‘raster catalog’. This is a logical layer and within it there are any number of physical layers. This is implemented in my application in the OriStarRasterCatalogLayer Class.

In my ThinkGeo User Space I have downloaded an updated version of the application in directory /OriStar/OriStarRaster. The only difference between this one and the 20160904 version is the TileBuffer is set to 0 and added .NET Legacy V2. support in the OriStarRaster.exe.config.

When you run the application and press the Load Raster Button in the same directory where the jp2’s are located you will find a txt file. This file contains the catalog of images for the logical layer class. Select the txt file. Unfortunately the map does not automatically center to the location of these images, but if you Zoom to Level14 they should appear and then you can pan/zoom from there.

I can get the exception to occur while panning in Level16. It takes me 5-10 minutes of panning and then get the exception. Throw in a few Zoom In/out as well. And I pan from the top to the bottom and side to side so covering all the jp2’s.

I attempted to upload one more jp2 image, but not enough room in my user space. Can you get another 5G added and then I can upload that?

Dennis

There is a folder named Chicago, took about 45G, I am moving it out, you should be able to upload more files shortly
Thanks,
Jack

The Chicago folder is where all the data is.

Please go ahead upload the rest of the data, I just moved Chicago to my local.
Thanks,
Jack

Uploading now, but will take couple hours to upload 5GB.

Jack,

I’ve upload that 5GB file to OriStar/MapRasters2014. If you copy that to were you have the other files you’ll have the complete set for testing. We actually have a total of 400GB of the JPEG2000’s for display.

Dennis

Jack,

Only 6% of the 5GB was uploaded. This is odd as 60% was able to be uploaded earlier today.

Thanks Dennis, I’ll look into it.
Thanks,
Jack

Jack

What is it you are going to look into?

Dennis

Jack,

Wanted to let you know that the OriStarRaster application also displays MrSid and Tiff and those do not encounter any exceptions. It only appears to be JPEG2000’s that encounter an exception.

However, in the past I’ve seen the same exception on MrSid & Tiff, but those were fixed by your colleagues…

Dennis

hi Jack,

Just wondering if you’ve found what the issue is?

Thanks,
Dennis

Sent email yesterday to your gmail, d****11@gmail.com.
If you didn’t get it, please send your email address to support@thinkgeo.com, I’ll forward the email to you.
Thanks,
Jacl