ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

Limiting map display to geotiff coordinates

I have a geotiff file that is a 1kmx1km image of a specific location. I want to display a map that is limited to my image, and I need the map coordinates to correlate to the coordinates in my image. (Eventually I’m going to put markers on given coordinates within that square km).

I’ve been unable to make the ‘world coordinates’ of the map line up with the geotiff data. My image has the coordinates stored in it.

I installed QGIS, and with that I can see the coordinates of the building on my map (8.387607, 46.791225).

When I run my program, however, it lists the building coordinates as 27.377929, 29.355468.

What do I need to do so that my map reads & uses the coordinates from the tiff file, instead of using a full set of world coordinates across the display?

Thanks.

Hi Emily,

It looks your geotiff have its own projection, you need tell map what’s the projection it is.

If you want to shows the coordinates, you need to re-project the coordinates to the projection of your geotiff file and it should works well.

But I think your target should be render some other shape above your geotiff file, so please directly assign the projection to your other layer which will be above it.

Regards,

Ethan

Hi Emily,

Could you please sent us your tif file, our developer build a sample for test, it works well with the tif data we can found.

9178_20180706.zip (863.5 KB)

Regards,

Ethan

Ethan, it looks like your sample project had the setup that I needed. Thank you!

Hi Emily,

I am glad to hear that’s helpful.

Regards,

Ethan