ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

Map Suite support for exporting in Geospatial PDF format

Does Map Suite have any support to export to Geospatial PDF format output? Are there any sample applications or documentation on export for PDF?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Rich

I don’t know if print support Geo PDF, but for regular PDF examples, you can use two samples from link below:

Sample title:
1.Map Suite Desktop Edition How Do I Samples (This is a solution contains examples for all kinds of need, please see attached image for pdf print)

2.Print Preview

http://wiki.thinkgeo.com/wiki/map_suite_desktop_edition_all_samples

[Desktop Samples]

Sunshine,

Thanks for the super quick respond and the info on the Sample.

We are already exporting images to PDF and I can also print them from Map Suite Desktop Edition such as this example illustrates. But our customer is asking about exporting to PDF with Geospatial information in order to be able to zoom the PDF in Adobe Acrobat DC. When I Google on “Adobe Geospatial PDF”, the main link it comes up with describes Geospatial PDF which contains georeference location data so that Acrobat DC retains the geospatial coordinates. I was wondering how I could export from Map Suite Desktop Winforms such that the PDF would be generated with the geospatial coordinates. Is any of this builtin or is it available with other libraries? I did see a reference in Geospatial PDF Wiki that GDAL has support for Geospatial PDF. I think that Map Suite had some hooks into GDAL libraries. I this something I should be looking into?

Thanks

Richard Styer

@Don,@Peter, do you have any comments for Geo PDF? Thanks.

Hi @Richard_Styer & @Min_Zhang ,

Sorry we still don’t support Geospatial PDF for now.

We render some raster type by GDAL, but the GeoSpatial PDF part hadn’t been get integrated.

If you need that, you can vote for this feature follow this topic: Vote for new features on the Enhancement Tracker

Or contact your sales to get our professional service.

Thanks @Sunshine_Yang reply, that’s detail and helpful.

Regards,

Don