ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

Map Suite / WMK Licensing for Development in Local IIS

Hello ThinkGeo Support,

I have a couple of issues regarding licensing of MapSuite 10. For some context, I am using VS2015 and debugging in IIS Express.

Under this setup I am still seeing ‘World Map Kit Evaluation’ watermarked over the tiles even though I believe we have licensed the World Map Kit online - please correct me if I am wrong.

When I move to Debug in Local IIS, the map does not generate at all. I get the yellow screen asp.net error page saying ‘If you are a map developer, you need to activate it through product center or contact sales@thinkgeo…’ I tried to ‘Install Unmanaged Dependencies’ to try and get it running on Local IIS with no luck.

Am I missing a step to license World Map Kit online? Am I missing a step to get Map Suite running on Local IIS? Did I use up my developer license using IIS Express?

Thanks in advance for the support.

Hi Julian,

1. The ‘World Map Kit Evaluation’ should because you don’t have the correct license for your chosen product, we don’t know your more detail scenario, but if you want double check that, please contact your sales, all problem about license can get more detail information from your sales.

2. The IIS error is a bug, our developer will work on that, and I think you can get the fix version ThinkGeo MapSuite ProductCenter 11.0.0-beta009, you can find it in one or two days.

Regards,

Don