ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

Moving features to EditInteractiveOverlay

Within our application we are adding the ability for the user to create lines, polygons and labels on the map. The features are styled and stored in a normal LayerOverlay but when the user goes into select mode then when a feature is selected that single feature is moved into the EditInteractiveOverlay allowing them to modify the feature. Once the edit is complete the feature is moved back into the normal LayerOverlay. This is all working fine and the styling between the two overlays is working as expected. However when the point feature that is used to display a text label is moved between the two overlays for editing then the size of the text on the map is changing, it looks like it’s about 2 point sizes smaller when on the EditInteractiveOverlay. We’re using a CustomTextStyle and we can confirm that as the label is rendered on both overlays the font, size, colour etc. of the style are the same. The label consistently is shown slightly smaller on the EditInteractiveOverlay.

Any clues as to what is happening?

Hi Clive,

I am not sure whether that’s because how you implement your custom text style.

Does that can be reproduced if you change the text style to our default text style? If the default style works well, please sent us your custom text style, so we can look into it.

I don’t know what’s the scenario of your project, but I think if you are edit one feature, it’s highlight now, so its style can also get a different style, which proved it’s in edit mode, so you can directly pick a big different text style, which maybe a workaround.

Regards,

Don

Don,

Thanks for the reply. I’ll see if I can create a test app. to demonstrate the issue.

On a related note to do you if it’s possible to restyle the move handle when editing a feature? We are disabling all other edit features so when a user select a feature they can only delete or move but the edit handle seems very small and if possible we’ll like to use a bigger icon.

Thanks

Clive

Hi Clive,

Thanks for your sample, I reproduced it.

I tried change code based on your sample, but it looks that cannot be solved easily. I have sent the sample to our developer, any update will let you know.

Regards,

Don

Hi Clive,

I will reply you in the ticket.

Regards,

Don