ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

Mr. Sid

I have the need to work with various aerial photos from different years over the same area.  To do this I simply download Mr. Sid files the geospatial data gateway site.  The files are county wide coverage.  Anyway the problem is having two Mr. Sid’s side by side.  Bcause Mr. Sid’s are square and counties are not the Sid file contains a black area to fill in what is not part of the photo and so the black area overlaps on to the neighboring county.  

Is there a way to make the black area transparent?  Or  other solutions?

Hi Shad, 

We met the same issue in JPEG2000 last week, we have fixed that, please try to download the latest version again and let us know the test result. 

If that your problem haven’t been solved in the latest version, please let us know how to reproduce that and sent us your test data. 

Regards, 

Don

I have the same issue with geotiff files, currently using version 7.0.0.84.  Can’t find where/if to set the black border/background to be transparent.

Hi Chris, 

Our latest version is 8.0.0.134, I think we did many enhancement this year, so could you please download the latest version and try that again? 

Regards, 

Don