ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

No route is being calculated

Any ideas on how to determine why no route is calculated? When I run GetRoute it returns no features, no route, no stops, nothing. It’s something which was working correctly <g class=“gr_ gr_256 gr-alert gr_gramm Punctuation only-del replaceWithoutSep” id=“256” data-gr-id=“256”>previously,</g> but has now stopped. I can use the same <g class=“gr_ gr_207 gr-alert gr_spell ContextualSpelling ins-del multiReplace” id=“207” data-gr-id=“207”>shapefile</g> in the Routing Explorer and it works fine. No errors are thrown, just nothing returns.

I’m not exactly sure how to troubleshoot it. 

Hi Clay, 

Do you meant you can run our sample well before but now it cannot get any result? 

Have you make sure whether the code is keep running, we need more detail information about what happened there. 

Regards, 

Don

First of all, I can’t get the latest Routing Explorer to run from either the production or development branches. It crashes completely when trying to start. I want to run that because I want to figure out whether something has changed in the routing index since 9.0. My current index was built using the version 8 utility, which I can run.  

Second, I can run this code on the example, but when I transfer it line for line into my code and use my routing index, it doesn’t work. The paths are good, and everything initializes fine, but it returns no route.  

var featureSource = new ShapeFileFeatureSource(Utilities.Parameters.RoutableShapeFilePath); 
var routingSource = new RtgRoutingSource(System.IO.Path.ChangeExtension(Utilities.Parameters.RoutableShapeFilePath, “rtg”)); 
var routingEngine = new RoutingEngine(routingSource, featureSource); 
var routeResult = routingEngine.GetRoute(start, end);

Hi Clay, 

1. I tried to download routing explorer from ThinkGeo Product Center and try to run it, it start correct. If you met crash, please try to replace the dlls in the folder "C:\Program Files (x86)\ThinkGeo\Map Suite 9.0\Map Suite Routing\Current Version\Managed Assemblies" to the latest ones. And maybe you want to reinstall our product to update the dlls in system folder. 

2. I think you can just rebuild your routing data by code like: RtgRoutingSource.GenerateRoutingData, you can also run our HowDoISamples, some sample can help you build routing data. 

Regards, 

Don