ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

NOAA nowCoast services and ArcGISServerRestLayer

Hello,

We are adding various NOAA nowCoast layers to our program. We are using an ArcGISServerRestLayer to do so, and we can show the returned image on our map. The issue we have is that panning/scrolling the map when one of these layers is on is very slow, and can take several seconds before the map redraws.

Is there something I can add/change in the code to make the map more responsive with one of these layers on? Our map unit is set to meters, and we use a Web Mercator projection.

Let me know if you need more info.

Thanks,
Dib

Hi Dib,

NOAA server is very slow to download data, and for our DekstopEdition, if the download is slow it will effect the map pan/zoom speed, you can try our WPF which work under different framework can avoid this problem.

And I think the other solution is open cache for improve the render speed.

Wish that’s helpful.

Regards,

Don

Don,

Can I easily replace a DesktopEdition map with a WPF map?

Hi Dib,

It’s not hard to move your project to WPF because almost all the APIs are the same, if you met any problem you can ask us.

But I suggest you directly build a really simple sample which only contains the NOAA layer and a simple shape layer in WPF, then you can see whether the WPF works well before NOAA layer download succeed. You should want to decide whether move your project after that.

Regards,

Don