ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

"Not licensed for run time" appearing on maps

We recently upgraded to version 10 and I’m seeing “Not licensed for run time” on the map tiles instead of the actual map imagery. It’s doing this for Google, Bing, and ThinkGeo online maps, so I assume it’s a ThinkGeo licensing issue. The maps looked fine in version 9. The other thing is that I’m able to see the maps in version 10 on my machine, but not on other pcs. When we distribute our product, we just copy the appropriate dlls into the install folder. This worked ok for version 9 but not for version 10. Do we need a new license for version 10 or a different code of some variety?

Thanks,
Neil

I should add that I do still have version 9 installed on my pc (where the maps display correctly) so that may be a factor.

Hi Neil,

You should want to login product center in v10 and generate your runtime license again.

For more detail please view our guide here: http://wiki.thinkgeo.com/wiki/map_suite_runtime_license_guide_for_desktop

If that still don’t solved your problem please let us know more detail.

Regards,

Don

Well, there it is! That did the trick nicely. Thanks so much for your help.

Hi Neil,

I am glad to hear that works.

Any question please let us know.

Regards,

Don

Don

Can you tell me how to clear the “Not licensed for run time” for offline activation. I can not run the Product Center offline. It always tells me I need to do offline activation. When I give it the license file it gives a status of “activation successful” but then when I start the Product Center over again it go back to the Offline Activation again. The instructions on the link provided above imply that every “.exe” needs to be “published” to activate the run time license. How do you publish the “.exe” when you have to be offline?

Thanks for your help.

R Styer

Hi Styer,

The offline activation is for active your development license. If you want to generate the publish license, you have to connect to internet, you can find another machine to login your account to generate the publish license (it should be a file follow your exe file).

If you really cannot connect to internet, please contact your sales to see whether you can get some help.

Regards,

Don

Hello Ethan Sir,
I recently downloaded the above MVC project.It is running except having the Not Licensed For Runtime error.Through the wiki article i even got the license for Desktop for WinForms,but am not exactly sure how to obtain the imagery.
It would be a really big help if you could share the steps for using the Product Center
I should also specify that where the current extent is specified only there the map is showing the error of Not Licensed For Runtime
Thanks

Hi Ankit_Singh,

After you download the sample project, please open the Nuget plugin, and upgrade all the packages to the latest version at first. Then you should want to run the project.

If you are the first time run the project, the ProductCenter will popup automatic, if you are not the first time run it, you can find the ProductCenter.exe under your project bin folder.

And then you should want login your account, and active the license or eval it. Please notice it only works for development status, if you want to deploy it to IIS please follow our guide to it.

Wish that’s helpful.

Regards,

Ethan

Thank u Ethan for the reply.
All the above steps were successfully done
I am unable to start evaluation for MapSuite For MVC though, gives an error of “Sorry There was a problem starting your evaluation”.
Is it because I started evaluations for other MapSuites as well??
Regards…

Hi Ankit_Singh,

We hadn’t met that before, could you please show us some screen shots or a short video?

Our eval time is separated for different products.

Regards,

Ethan

I mistakingly started evaluations for the IOS at first and after reading the article, for WinForms too…but I was supposed to start it for MVC.Any fixes for that
Thank U
Regards

Hi Ankit,

Thanks for your screen, our developer mentioned you should have a error log file in your machine, could you please upload that?

You can find the log file in this location: MyDocuments folder\ThinkGeo\Map Suite 10.0\ProductCenter.log

As below is the path in my machine: C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\ThinkGeo\Map Suite 10.0\ProductCenter.log

Our developer will check the log file to see what’s the detail problem.

Regards,

Ethan

New Text Document (2).txt (73.4 KB)

I have copy pasted the log in .txt…the .log xtension was unable to upload
Thanks

Hi Ankit,

We review the log file, it looks all the exception information is not in today, could you please let us know whether you tried to get the exception today? Because I only found this information: The request channel timed out for 4/9, that should be related with your network status.

If you cannot make sure that, please delete or move the log file to other place, and test that again, and then upload the new log file.

Regards,

Ethan

Thank u Ethan Sir for all your help…I was able to fix the issue

Hi Ankit,

I am glad to hear that’s fixed.

Any question please let us know.

Regards,

Ethan

Sure will Sir,
Thank u

Hi Ankit,

You’re welcome.