ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

On OpenStreetMap

Hi:

Development team! 

I need the longitude and latitude of the address.

Because the address in different country. So only US data is not enough for my company.

I just download the data from osmdata.thinkgeo.com/

The data file format is cpg, dbf, prj, shp, shx. 

Can you post some code to retrieve the longitude and latitude from address by OpenStreetmap data.

Kevin, 

Thank you for your post, sorry to say, our GeoCoder support is not on duty today, we will post the answer here tomorrow. 

Regards, 

Gary

Kevin, 

Thanks for your questions! 

I understand your requirements fully, you want to implement the Geocoding function for your country, but the current MapSuiteGeocoder index data is just for US country. If you need to create the Geocoder index data for your own country you should reference the BuildIndexFile sample in the HowDoISamples of MapSuiteGeocoder.It shows how to create your own index data from the source data. 

Any more questions please let me know, 

Thanks, 

Scott,

Can  you give me something in detail. 

I set the path to illinois of usaGeocoder, and throw an exception \rt2.dbf does not exist. 

I check the web, it is reverse look up file. But I do not need the reverse geocode. 

I download the openstreetmap dbf file from osmdata.thinkgeo.com/. there is no that rt2 file.

Can I just load the dbf that I need?

Or I miss some steps?

Kevin, 

the RT2.dbf file is for reverse geocoding, but if you didn’t have it in the Geocoder index dataset and call the UsaGeocoder object it would throw exceptions, the reason is that in the UsaGeocoder object it has 9 internal plugins: 

StreetMatchingPlugin, ZipDbfMatchingPlugin, CityDbfMatchingPlugin, StateDbfMatchingPlugin, CoordinatesMatchingPlugin, CountyDbfMatchingPlugin, CensusTractsDbfMatchingPlugin, CensusBlockDbfMatchingPlugin, CensusBlockGroupDbfMatchingPlugin. 

When executing the geocoding function, it would through these 9 internal plugins one by one. So you must have the full index dataset when using usaGeocoder object. 

Obviously you download the openstreetmap dbf file from our website and there is no rt2.dbf file, the rt2.dbf file was generated by us, it is not a dbf file that combined to the shp file. If you missed the rt2.dbf file please contact ThinkGeo support to get complete MapSuiteGeocoder index dataset. 

Any more questions please let me know, 

Thanks, 

Scott,