ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

OpenStreetMapOverlay or OpenStreetMapLayer

Hi

I use 

var osmOverlay = new OpenStreetMapOverlay();
androidMap.MapUnit = GeographyUnit.Meter;
androidMap.ZoomLevelSet = new OpenStreetMapsZoomLevelSet();
ManagedProj4Projection proj4 = new ManagedProj4Projection();
proj4.InternalProjectionParametersString = ManagedProj4Projection.GetDecimalDegreesParametersString();
proj4.ExternalProjectionParametersString = ManagedProj4Projection.GetGoogleMapParametersString();
proj4.Open();
androidMap.CurrentExtent = proj4.ConvertToExternalProjection(new RectangleShape(-12, 53, 18, 36)) as RectangleShape;
androidMap.Overlays.Add(osmOverlay);

The current extent is ok, west europe

I try 

androidMap.MapUnit = GeographyUnit.Meter;
androidMap.ZoomLevelSet = new OpenStreetMapsZoomLevelSet();
ManagedProj4Projection proj4 = new ManagedProj4Projection();
proj4.InternalProjectionParametersString = ManagedProj4Projection.GetDecimalDegreesParametersString();
proj4.ExternalProjectionParametersString = ManagedProj4Projection.GetGoogleMapParametersString();
proj4.Open();
androidMap.CurrentExtent = proj4.ConvertToExternalProjection(new RectangleShape(-12, 53, 18, 36)) as RectangleShape;
var osmLayer = new OpenStreetMapLayer();
//osmLayer.SendingWebRequest += osmLayer_SendingWebRequest;
layerOverlay.Layers.Add(osmLayer);
layerOverlay.TileType = TileType.MultiTile;
androidMap.Overlays.Add("OSM", layerOverlay);

The extent of the map is in the  south austrialia, and display the map is very slow.

I try to use OpenStreetMapLayer for sendingWebRequest event.

Thanks

Regards

laurent M

Hi Laurent, 

That’s strange, because the current extent don’t work for OpenStreetMapLayer, it work for the whole map.  

If our Android developer back to office I will ask them to try to reproduce that. 

And if you want to use SendingWebRequest, I think OpenStreetMapOverlay support this event also.  

For now I think you can set the map to single tile mode, then make the SendingWebRequest event works and see whether the parameter in the request url is for correct extent just like OpenStreetMapOverlay. 

Regards, 

Don

Hi Don 

I dont see SendingWebRequest in the overlay. 

Thanks 

Regards 

Laurent M

Hi Laurent, 

Please let me know your detail dll version. 

I view the latest development and view the code, it looks the OpenStreetMapOverlay in AndroidEdition contains the public event SendingWebRequest and SentWebRequest. 

Regards, 

Don 

Hi Don 
 My version is 9.0.212.0 
 Sorry, there are SendingWebRequest and SentWebRequest event, but there are Obsolete. 

Regards 

Laurent M 

Hi Don 
 I try with SentWebRequest event  in OpenStreetMapOverlay 
 but "is not used for requesting web images in this class" 

Thanks 

Laurent M

Hi Laurent, 

Yes, you’re right, it looks for Android version this event won’t work. 

I just found in Android edition we have two classes OpenStreetMapTileOverlay and OpenStreetMapOverlay, I am not sure whether both of them don’t work, it maybe a issue from the new OpenStreetMapOverlay, if you found anything please let us know. 

Because I don’t have environment to test it, I need wait our android developer complete their current task and they will work for it. 

Regards, 

Don