ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

Oracle Dependencies not found

Hello everybody,

i’m currently evaluating WPF Desktop edition and i’m interested especially in Oracle Connectitvity. I’ve found the matching example but at runtime i get the error “Missing Oracle dependencies”.

I’v found several forum-entries on this topic, all pointing to different zip-files. But I’m not able to access any of these links.

I also found a list of msm-files where i can download an zip-file for oracle, but this only contains an msm-file, and i don’t know what to do with this file.

Any help is appreciated.

Regards,
Andreas

Hi Andreas,

You can download the zip package from this link: http://wiki.thinkgeo.com/wiki/map_suite_services_edition_dependencies_guide

Regards,

Don

Hi Don,

thanks for the reply. I’ve downloaded the Oralce dependencies 9.0.269.0 and installed them. I’ve created a new project based on the quick start Helloworld-project. In the code-behind of the mainwindow i have the following code

wpfMap1.MapUnit = GeographyUnit.DecimalDegree;

string connectString = "User ID=andi01;Password=xxx;Data Source=XE;";
        OracleFeatureLayer oracleLayer = new OracleFeatureLayer(connectString, "EBA_SPATIAL_ADDRESSES", "ID");
        oracleLayer.ZoomLevelSet.ZoomLevel01.DefaultPointStyle = PointStyles.Capital1;
        oracleLayer.ZoomLevelSet.ZoomLevel01.ApplyUntilZoomLevel = ApplyUntilZoomLevel.Level20;

LayerOverlay oracleOverlay = new LayerOverlay();
        oracleOverlay.Layers.Add("OracleLayer", oracleLayer);
        wpfMap1.Overlays.Add("OracleOverlay", oracleOverlay);

wpfMap1.CurrentExtent = new RectangleShape(0, 78, 30, 26);
        wpfMap1.Refresh();

When i run this code, i get a TargetInvocationException and the programs stops.

• I’ve tried setting the target platform of the project to x64, but no success.
  • I’ve build a standalone sample which only open a connection to oracle using the Oracle.DataAccess.dll with the same connectionstring. That works.

I’m a little stuck with that.

Any ideas are appreciated.

Regards,
Andreas

Hi Andreas,

Could you please paste the detail exception information of the TargetInvocationException here, and what’s the version of your Oracle dll?

We tried to render it but hadn’t reproduced your issue.

And we guess maybe that’s not the connection problem, that maybe because the table name or column incorrect.

Regards,

Don

Hi Don,

it seems that my last reply got somehow lost.

I did doublecheck the tablename and column-name, there are correct, the user is the owner of the table. The USER_SDO_GEOM_META-entries are present and correct. There are no more details about the exception, as it is shown somehow “asynchnonous” after completion of the code.

In the meantime i downloaded a demo-spatial-dataset from oracle with some more spatial tables and data, and with this dataset the access to the db works. With that, i can go on with my POC and can “temporarily ignore” the problem.

Thanks so far for your assistance.

Andreas

Hi Andreas,

Thanks for your update.

We will also try to enhancement our product for work with the databases.

Regards,

Don