ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

OutOfMemoryException

I created 5 customized version for you, from 9.1.0.100 to 9.5.0.100, I know maybe 3 of them have the logger on. I don’t think there is a way to turn on the 9.5.0.100 logger but I might be wrong, we should be able to find more info in the email I sent over. Anyway, we do need the logs to recreate the issues,

Yes there are many change between 9.X and 10.X. So the latest 9.0 (9.0.0.638) is another option. If you can recreate the issue with that version, it’s possible we created a specific version for you. If you can upgrade it to 10.X, I’m thinking we could integrate the logger into the master of the product.

If I’m following correctly, the latest 9.0 is 9.0.0.638, and has the presumed fix for the OOM that we should have currently in the private build 9.5.0.100. But that won’t have logging, and there is no reason to expect that it addresses the OOM at this point any more that the 9.5.0.100 we are currently running. If I am not missing something, all that would be gained by going to *.638 would be to confirm that it reproduces on the latest 9.0 build, or the unlikely outcome that it somehow fixes this new repro by chance.

The latest email I have in that chain is from you on 1/5/16 with a build that addresses the shape file regression. I don’t think it has the logging at that point. Before that is .9.1.0.175 attachment on 12/17/15 , but that one is also not looking like it would have the logging. I never did find one that was clearly containing the logging. These versions are all confusing, especially over a year later. Looks like that ends the emails that I have saved. And because it was a diagnostic test, it was never put into our source control. I’ll look through my disk backups to see what I can find, but not hopeful.

I just found strong named 9.1.0.100 on 10/6/15. I think that’s the latest with logging. But then it reoccurs to me that we are getting the exception with a new call stack in the “fix” version. So just grabbing this older logging version won’t really help since it’s the subsequent resulting fix that is currently reproducing.

We now have 3 sites reporting OOM. I’m still gathering information on the latest, but all indications are that it is in the same “Refresh” of the patched map component. And we have only just begun to deploy our latest update. I have no idea why our new version brought back the OOM, but unless something shakes out fast, we are going to need support on this right away. And as previously mentioned, I don’t see any value in replacing the patched build with the logging build, presumably it would just show the same thing as it showed last time. What we need to know right now is, what is going wrong with the patched build. And it seems that this time it’s MUCH easier and more frequent to reproduce than last time. Please advise.

Hi Russ,

Could you please create a ticket for this problem?

We can talk more detail about the special version in ticket.

Regards,

Don

Done. Ticket number is 17007

Hi Russ,

Thanks for create the ticket, our developer will reply you there.

Regards,

Don

No problem. As always, thank you for your help.

Hi Russ,

You’re welcome.

Any question please let us know.

Regards,

Don