ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

Pan sensitivity

Is there a way to adjust pan sensitivity? With various touch screen we have an issue where the user is placing a feature and because of the sensitivity the tap is being seen as a pan event. The screen sensitivity setting in windows 10 is already at the lowest it can be set – so I am hoping there is way to change the sensitivity in the ThinkGeo code instead of playing around with gestrure recognizers.

Hi Richard,

We don’t have the logic to control the pan sensitivity for now, this events raised by System gesture recognizer. We will report your requirements to our Dev team. We will do some researching and let you know if we can add method/property to support that.

Thanks
Mark

Hi Richard,

Related event is hook up to the UIElement, so I think the solution is add some custom logic to adjust the time interval between twice TouchDown events, and prevent other event like TouchMove event.

I hadn’t found a high sensitivity device for test today, but I think the logic should looks like:

bool canDrag;
    Timer timer;

private void Map_TouchDown(object sender, System.Windows.Input.TouchEventArgs e)
    {
        canDrag = false;
        timer.Interval = 1000;
        timer.Start();
    }

private void Timer_Elapsed(object sender, ElapsedEventArgs e)
    {
        canDrag = true;
    }

private void Map_PreviewTouchMove(object sender, System.Windows.Input.TouchEventArgs e)
    {
        e.Handled = canDrag;
    }

You can try it and let us know whether it works.

Regards,

Ethan

Ended up doing it based off of distance the touch operation moved as opposed to a timer. This resolved this issue for us.

Hi Richard,

Thanks for your update and share.

Any question please let us know.

Regards,

Ethan