ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

Plotting feature on map moving

Hi Team,

Over map extent changed and get the centre pointshape of map based on that we load the data from Database and plot as Feature to the map.

If I am using map.CurrentExtentChanged event but map is very slow to move map over mouse.

Please any way to solve this?..

Regards,
Tamilarasan

Hi Tamilarasan,

It looks you put some code in the CurrentExtentChanged event, please make sure your logic here and test how long it takes.

I guess the connect to map part take most the time so the map looks so slow.

I think the solution is try to reduce the time run in the event.

If you found the code in event is fast but the map still be slow, please remove database part code and show us a simple sample, so we can see what’s the problem here.

Regards,

Ethan

Hi Ethan,

I want to load like 100 or 1000 feature at the map extent changed it cause the issue map move over mouse it take slow to move if i stop load feature over extent change it work fine.

Any other events are there plot feature if map move .

Regards,
Tamilarasan.

Hi Tamilarasan,

The extent changed should be the best one, other event like mousemove will be fired much more times.

I think your logic have some problem, why you need to load feature when map moved, you should add them in a layer and directly add the layer into map, when the extent changed, the features will be rendered.

If I misunderstand your scenario please let me know.

Regards,

Ethan

Hi Ethan,

I want plot icon based on map center position when I call DB get records based on map center lat/long and Plot Feature in map for retrieve record from DB .

Regards,
Tamilarasan.

Hi Tamil,

Based on your requirements. I think you can consider to use database feature layer based on your DB(SQL,Postgres,Sqlite).
With this solution, you no need add the logic to get the features from DB on the extent event.

Thanks
Mark

Hi Mark,

Please share sample.

Regards,
Tamilarasan.

Hi Tamil,

All of our samples can be found here:

and
http://wiki.thinkgeo.com/wiki/map_suite_desktop_for_winforms_all_samples

Wish that’s helpful.

Regards,

Ethan

Hi Ethan,

Database feature layer available map suite desktop application??

Thanks,
Tamilarasan.

Hi Tamil,

What’s the “Database feature layer”? Do you means the layer whose data source comes from database? If so we support many types for example: SqlServer, Sqlite etc. You can find them here: https://www.nuget.org/packages?q=mapsuite+layers

Regards,

Ethan